SnapStream BeyondTV control script
i've put together a script for controlling the snapstream beyondtv server. the script supports the “watch livetv” part, with the possibility to set the streaming quality, select channel and watch the stream. i’ve also implemented user authentication.

i’ve only been able to test it with v3.4.4 of beyondtv so if anyone has another version of the server please pm me.

while the stream is playing i would like to show a custom dialog with 2 labels displaying what channel is streaming and the stream quality. is this possible? i know that the ok dialog can be shown on-top of the video, put i haven’t figured out how to show a custom dialog/window at position x-y with size h-w.

i would also like to be able to change channels while the stream is showing with the up/down keys on the remote or on the controller. while the stream is playing these keys are assigned to other actions, is it somehow possible to intercept these actions (e.g. in onaction ) and from there set the action to handled/none to indicate that script has handled the action and thus the player does not need to do anything?

channel selection while the stream is showing could alternatively be implemented by using the select(..) dialog, but i just can’t find any available button that could trigger the display of the select dialog. seems like every button on the remote or on the controller is already assigned to an action.
wow sounds great, would love to test, im on holiday at the mo, but ill get bak with myy version number, a good example of the on screen popup display is in yac scripts. thats the code i used to do it. if u need any help devoloping this ill do anything i can do to help. been waiting for this 4 ages. :d
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
thanks to my egarness i rung sum1 up and got them to check the version bak in the uk, its version 3.4 duno anytmore dan dat, roommates abit dumb lol, but would still love to try and help on this project.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
:d hehe i had just started on this myself, but it sounds like you are a bit further along with being able to set stream quality and such.

i had the same issue: can't seem to get the action in onaction to have a value when the stream is playing. as i type, i remember that somewhere in the forums there is a howto on moving the stream to a window that you can shrink. there to that you could use to get your actions back. i'll post the url if i find it.

i have 3.5.3 of beyond tv so if you send me the script i'd like to check it out.

one more thing: how does the stream look for everyone? i have an ati pci graphics card that only does software compression. i have a little trouble with the stream b/c at dvd quality the video and audio get out of sync. is anyone else able to view the stream at high quality with one of the capture cards that support hardware encoding?
mines a pvr 250, so i have hardware commpression. :d i like it, its pretty cool.
cool. well, the good news is that i"m sure the channel thing has been done before. i dont have mythtv but i'm sure we could use some of their code:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmythtv
i am running beyondtv 3.5.3 and would love to test your scripts out. pm me if you like.

btw , will this work with hardware encoder cards?
any card that works with btv should do the trick.

i figured out how to do the video overlay, i also figured out how to "reassign" actions. so i've implemented some new features over the weekend.
cool sounds gd, any idea if u can add program guide/ record options

done some reading and beyond tv uses xml guides, there python scripts that do that already, might b able to use some code from dem
i might consider adding recording options, but so far it’s only the live tv stuff that’s implemented.

since there’s no xml program guide available for the channels that i have access to, i really doubt that i’ll implement support for it.

the next thing i plan to implement is streaming of pre-recorded shows. if the streaming quality is too high for the network bandwidth i need to download the file to local hd first.

i still need to test this with other versions than 3.4, so if someone can give me access to their server for 30 minutes it would help me a lot.

i have extremely limited time to work on this, so i wouldn’t expect much.
as soon as i get back from holiday (yes sad i check xbmc while away) ill open my server to da internet n let u have access to it. ill look at xml support to add to it if u want?
done some more reading n it looks likethe guide data doesnt store in xml but can use xml data. it stores it in a jet database. gona look into it some more.
what about parsing/using the snap stream.net program guide? then you could set recordings up from there...
im gona look into that, atm im working on view kai profiles in xbmc, as soon as im dun with that then ill work on dat.unless any1 else can
:bowdown: this is way cool. any chance of sharing the code on sourceforge or somewhere else?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SnapStream BeyondTV control script0