Connecting, Connecting, Connecting, ...
My screen tends to flash between showing the remote and saying "Connecting". Back and forth. It is, however, connected. I can control things just fine, at least so long as I hit buttons between "Connecting" messages. In the same vein, if I tell Kore to play an album, it will complain that it couldn't connect. Despite the message, the correct music always starts just like it should.

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I have something mis-configured.

I don't see any other messages here about this, so I'm guessing an issue on my part.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Kit Kat, as up-to-date as Samsung has provided.
It seems it isn't able to maintain the connection to Kodi. Probably a network issue, so you should check that (ports, etc).

You can also try going into the media center configuration (on Kore), and put a wrong port number on the TCP port (this will force it to go through HTTP, which might help, but it's not a permanent solution).
I'm having the same problems and would like to add some extra information:

A previous version of Kore appeared to work fine for me, then some updates, AND my building a new instance of Kodi and the Connection issue appeared.

I am using OpenElec on a Rasberry Pi 2, a One+ phone and Kore. When using Kore for navigating the menus, there are no issues, it is when I start playing a video on my server that these connection/disconnections occure. The remote is active for about 2 - 3 seconds, then it goes back to connecting for 3 to 4 seconds, then the remote for 2 seconds and then back to connecting. I managed to play around and get it to work solid, but I was unable to retrace my steps to reproduce it. The problem does not occur when looking at photos from my server, only videos/movies.

I did notice that if I swiped to the right, I saw something that looks like Java problems.... I did not write it down, but hopefully this will point someone in the right direction.

I used to use KODI remote (a paid app) and I was so happy to see KORE available as it's near perfect in comparison. Alas... Kore stopped working. I don't think it a wireless issue as the KODI remote works fine, if you can live the design layout.....

I did try the putting a wrong port number in, and that made no difference. Once the video stops playing and I'm back to the menu system, the cycling stops.

Regards

Christian
I just managed to snag the error message:

ERROR FETCHING PLAYLIST

Error message: java.net.ProtocolException:
Unexpected status line:

Hope this helps,

Regards

Christian
What Kodi version are you using?
14.2-RC1 on OpenElec 5.0.6
I'm not really sure how to check for network issues, but I know that accessing via SFTP, or Windows Explorer never gives any trouble. Is there a log I should look at? (Sorry for the slow response, I've been away)
@kaptain_zero, @photokevin

Can you check this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224288

I believe the same issue is being discussed, and maybe you can help.
Yes, that looks like exactly the same issue. They've been able to do a lot more in diagnosing the problem and getting logs than I'm able to do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connecting, Connecting, Connecting, ...0