Recently Added doesn't work when using mysql support
I decided to take the dive into a centralized mysql database to manage my media library. After getting it all set up and running, i noticed that new shows were not getting added to the recently added list, nor were they being scanned and processed. I removed the advancedsettings.xml and redownloaded a couple episodes and everything is working again.

Is there something else I have to change to enable this functionality when using mysql support?

Thanks
I use mysql also, but I do not have this problem. Are you sure the shows where scanned into the library? My guess is that they where not, and you accessed them through the file manager or something.
What is the advantage to using mysql? Doesn't XBMC categorize and access everything just fine out of the box?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2012-03-15, 15:44)patseguin Wrote: What is the advantage to using mysql? Doesn't XBMC categorize and access everything just fine out of the box?

Using mysql allows you to have multiple instances of xbmc using the same library, so only 1 xbmc has to scrape the media and it will show up in all other xbmc in your household.

Alos allows you to start a movie on 1 xbmc, and resume it exactly where it was on a 2nd xbmc install.

as for the main topic, I'm using mysql db and I do not have that problem at all, recently added works fine
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Ah so that may be something for me to think about since I have a htpc in my bedroom as well and sometimes use XBMC on my computer while I work? Probably not an option since I have a hardware NAS though.

Sorry about the OT.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Not sure what i did to fix this, but i just reimported the shows from my previous build. once i went through with files and reset the content and to run automated scans, everything started to pick up again. problem solved i guess.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added doesn't work when using mysql support0