Control like combo box .....
Is there any control which can display pull down menu or combo box , which occupies place of single control like textbox or button, but when you click on the arrow on right side of it , it will display list of choices , you select one choice ,
then list disappears & the selected choice text appears on the control as label & according to selection some action is fired.

Thank You.
No.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

But it's possible to make your own.

When you click the button set focus on a list control (which is hidden unless focused) which contains the choices. When a choice is selected set focus back to the button which displays the string you picked.
Hi, Hitcher Thanks for Help.
I tried your suggestion , I put one list control (with two choices) just below a button with following condition:
<visible>Control.HasFocus(4) | Control.HasFocus(5) </visible>

where 4 is id of button & 5 is id of the list control. when I move mouse over button the list becomes visible otherwise not visible. This is ok but I want to that list should be visible when I click on the button not just focus,
so what should be the condition in <visible> ?? </visible> of list control ?

And when I click on a choice of the list control the action is performed which I have written in
<onclick> ... </onclick>
but the label of the above button should also be changed as with selected choice label & list should become invisible.
So how can I do that?

Please HELP Thank You.
Add <visible allowhiddenfocus="true">Control.HasFocus(5)</visible> to the list control. To your button add <onclick>SetFocus(5)</onclick>.

To your list items add <onclick>SetString(choice,label of the item)</onclick>. You can display the string with $INFO[Skin.String(choice)].
Oh Thank You `Black its working !! Smile

Ah but it tricked me !!
I move the mouse to the button & click it so it fires : SetFocus(5) means list becomes visible , then I move my mouse pointer to point to the list , in the mid time the button again gains the focus & list becomes invisible.

How can I resolve the issue ?

Thanks for Help .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control like combo box .....0