Win Border around hi def media
Yes it does, if your GPU does. That's usually the issue though - most are very poor at clocking right to 23.976hz.

Just enable "Adjust refresh rate to match video" in Settings>Video>Playback
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hmm I'll check into that. I wonder if my GTX 430 can handle it.

EDIT: I don't know if my TV itself can be forced to 24p, just sources. Can XBMC be forced to 24p?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
XBMC can, but you'll get a black screen or worse if your TV can't!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
@Goulet99 - Overscan has to be 0% (on 12.2 drivers, left is -% , right is 0%), in that way you shouldn't have borders. I had this issue while playing 24p movies (almost all), so i noticed i couldn't set overscan while displaying desktop on tv (desktop is usually set at 50hz or 60hz i don't remember now). If your problem is same as mine, you have to add correct tv resolution to CCC: maybe not "Add 1080p24 ... (HD) pal", but "Add 1080p24 ... (HD) NTSC" or Add 720p24 ... (HD)" for example. Once added one or more resolutions, try "apply format" from CCC. Then black bars should appear, and if u go back to underscan...you will notice it's not set to 0 for that particular resolution. Remember, you have to reproduce that error while being on desktop, if my method doesn't work at all...it means problem is inside xbmc settings. Try resetting XBMC settings (while doing trying my method, otherwise u will get confused)...so keep every error margin % at 0 and keep aspect ratio at default. Can u verify one more thing? What happens while entering XBMC? Do u have black borders, or image bigger than screen? Before adjiusting anything inside xbmc, look at your tv menu. For example: on Sharp you have resolution "point to point" or "full screen", if i set to point to point i get correct image scan, otherwise i get overscan.
^ Thanks fabio. I'll check out adding those and going through and checking the overscan for each. Right now i'm on 60hz 1080p which is native to my tv. TV is samsung set to screen fit. While entering xbmc everything looks proper. No borders. Its only when playing HD 720 or 1080p video the borders appear. The GUI and everything else fits perfectly.
(2012-03-25, 05:13)Goulet99 Wrote: Right now i'm on 60hz 1080p which is native to my tv. TV is samsung set to screen fit. While entering xbmc everything looks proper. No borders. Its only when playing HD 720 or 1080p video the borders appear. The GUI and everything else fits perfectly.
That is what I set on my HTPC and XBMC to "true fullscreen". It fill up fine when playback 1080P video. Does your HDTV have the option in menu/video to select "PC" mode? You might want to try it....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
had the same problem, go to catalyst control center and then change the refresh rate from 60hz to 24hz and now your screen will not be full screen so just go to overscan settings and put it back to 0 and save, do this for every refresh rate that you want to use and it will be fine afterwards
Checked all of the refresh settings. All are 0%, no black border exists within windows or on the XBMC menus. Only during HD playback.

@Goulet-

Have you try all the options in XBMC video settings as shown in my screen shot below. After you get to how you like it, you can set it to as default for all moves-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
SOLVED IT!!! After going through every possible setting and option the culprit is the AMD Steady video option. When it is enabled it will box the HD video to compensate for edges or something like that. Just disable and problem solved. Hope this helps someone out of endless hours of frustration.

It sounds as though when DXVA is enabled we use DXVA scalers, which override the zoom/output size settings in XBMC.

I believe a11569 has a pull request lined up to use DXVA + XBMC's HQ scalers, so those of you with speedy graphics will be able to use the HQ shaders in XBMC at that point, and thus won't have this issue.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-04, 00:30)Goulet99 Wrote: SOLVED IT!!! After going through every possible setting and option the culprit is the AMD Steady video option. When it is enabled it will box the HD video to compensate for edges or something like that. Just disable and problem solved. Hope this helps someone out of endless hours of frustration.

You gotta love the Internet. This is what help me from going insane with this laptop. My problem was the videos where completely full screen when my power plug wasn't plug in. But every time my laptop power was plug in I would get the boarders all around the movies. But this help a lot thanks.
I get the border but only on some video, mainly PAL or UK freeview. If I switch to UI while video is playing it goes to fullscreen.
I also get the border when playing games in 720p.

EDIT:
Sorted for videos by changing to resolution and setting overscan for each one. Still no luck with Far Cry 3 though.
It sounds like you just need to change the scaling options under my digital flat-panels. The problem is you need to do it again for each resolution and refresh rate that you're going to use.
I couldn't work it out for Far Cry 3 because it doesn't let you set the fps so I used Task Manager to open the desktop while the game was running and set the scaling there and it worked fine. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Border around hi def media0