[4therecord argus] What functionality should I expect?
Should I expect the following to work or exist?

1. I cannot delete recordings, I get a confirmation but they are not deleted
2. The is no pause function for live tv
3. Should recordings I have watched be flagged in the same way as they are for videos?

Thanks
Hello,
1. I can delete recordings (using Margro Eden EC2)
2. Same here
3. There is no distinction for me
So does the XBMC PVR function provide the option for :

1. live pause ?
2. indicating watched programs ?

or is this functionality missing from the 4TR pluging ?
XBMC doesn't have timeshift yet - so pausing liveTV only works for some minutes (regular XBMC buffer) in 4TR IIRC.
@2 - what do you mean - watched recordings?
1. I cannot see a standard pause icon/button on live tv, so how do I pause it and will proper pause be supported at some point and when?
2. The Videos part of XBMC indicates with an icon when a video has been watched. There are drop down context menus to set and unset this flag for videos. I would expect a similar feature to exist for the TV Recorded Programs
Pause works for most pvr plugins... Just not tvheadend... Therefore it's been disabled as a main feature. However, this is a feature of the skin. So some skins support pause... Eg: refocus, rapier, transparency etc.

I'm not sure why it's been disabled... They say it's because its not supported across all platforms so it's not available. Personally I think that's crap, because they've decided to add special "power" features in the pvr settings perminatly, however apparently those power settings only work for VDR plugin! lol so why add one thing and not the other... I don't get it.

Anyways. As for marked recordings, because they're not part of the library I don't think this is posible. Maybe some time in the future?

Cheers,
Loggio.
no, we do not support timeshift.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2012-03-20, 16:24)loggio Wrote: Pause works for most pvr plugins... Just not tvheadend... Therefore it's been disabled as a main feature. However, this is a feature of the skin. So some skins support pause... Eg: refocus, rapier, transparency etc.

I'm not sure why it's been disabled... They say it's because its not supported across all platforms so it's not available. Personally I think that's crap, because they've decided to add special "power" features in the pvr settings perminatly, however apparently those power settings only work for VDR plugin! lol so why add one thing and not the other... I don't get it.

Anyways. As for marked recordings, because they're not part of the library I don't think this is posible. Maybe some time in the future?

Cheers,
Loggio.

Live pause fails in the same way with both VDR plugins, unless I am missing something.
Sorry saner, not sure what you mean? I never said it worked with vdr. It works on windows, however. Maybe it's just Linux backends that don't support timeshifting.
Sorry, I must have misunderstood. I thought you were implying that XBMC supports timeshifting (or atleast) live pause when using the VDR backend.

My mistake.
(2012-03-20, 16:24)loggio Wrote: As for marked recordings, because they're not part of the library I don't think this is posible. Maybe some time in the future?

Cheers,
Loggio.

It's in the last build (by margro), but you won't be able to set it manually (Is it really needed?).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[4therecord argus] What functionality should I expect?0