Win Fullscreen playback problems with certain movies.
Hi All, I've been a happy XBMC user for about 7 months with no issues, until now. The problem is that some movies that use to play fine are now just showing a black screen with audio. If I press the / button on the keyboard to switch to windowed mode, it plays fine. Is anyone else experiencing this or have a solution? Here are some more details.

XBMC Eden rc2
Widows 7 64bit
Media (2TB external USB HD)

Thanks
So something between when it was working and now has changed. What was that? Did you just merely install Eden RC2? Changed graphic drivers? Changed display settings within XBMC? Capture a log with debugging turned on and post it on pastebin and link it here.
(2012-03-15, 16:35)kricker Wrote: So something between when it was working and now has changed. What was that? Did you just merely install Eden RC2? Changed graphic drivers? Changed display settings within XBMC? Capture a log with debugging turned on and post it on pastebin and link it here.

It happened with a couple of movies when I was on Dharma as well. I thought it just had something to do with those 2 movies since everything else was playing fine. I recently upgrades to RC2 and have played movies with no problems until this morning. I put on Beauty and the beast for my daughter, and it was fine for about 10 minutes and then the screen went black. I switched to windowed mode and it was fine. I tried a few other movies and the problem seems to be with some movie encoded in AVC1, but not all of them. I don't remember changing any graphics drivers. Here is the link to my log file.

http://pastebin.com/ambCgJ2Q

Hope I did that right...lol
I don't think you did. The pastebin link is not working. Try to give it another whirl.
(2012-03-15, 18:30)kricker Wrote: I don't think you did. The pastebin link is not working. Try to give it another whirl.

lol....how about now

http://pastebin.com/abmCgJ2Q

XBMC is changing the refresh rate to 50Hz to play the movie, and I would guess your TV doesn't support this, and that's why it blanks. The next question is why XBMC is choosing a 50Hz refresh rate, and this I don't know.

To test if the refresh rate change is the cause of the problem, go into System settings, Video, Playback and disable "Adjust refresh rate to match video".

JR
(2012-03-15, 19:13)jhsrennie Wrote: XBMC is changing the refresh rate to 50Hz to play the movie, and I would guess your TV doesn't support this, and that's why it blanks. The next question is why XBMC is choosing a 50Hz refresh rate, and this I don't know.

To test if the refresh rate change is the cause of the problem, go into System settings, Video, Playback and disable "Adjust refresh rate to match video".

JR

I did as you suggested, and the movie is playing fine now in fullscreen. I also tries a few others that wouldn't play in fullscreen earlier, and those are working fine as well. Thank you very much!
(2012-03-15, 19:13)jhsrennie Wrote: XBMC is changing the refresh rate to 50Hz to play the movie, and I would guess your TV doesn't support this, and that's why it blanks. The next question is why XBMC is choosing a 50Hz refresh rate, and this I don't know.

JR
I did as you suggested and still black screen when watching in full screen, there is any other solution you may know?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fullscreen playback problems with certain movies.0