List Movie AspectRatios
Is there a way I can get a list of all my movies and what their aspect ratio is?

I just realized that a lot of my old DVDs had a choice between widescreen and fullscreen and I ripped them using full screen because nobody had a widescreen back then... now everybody has a widescreen, so I want a list of those movies so I can re-rip them.

There is no automatic way, here are some ideas:

- open the sqlite database and search there
- write a batch/shell script that uses mediainfo(.exe) to detect the aspect-ratio
- use one of the windows batch screenshot generators and then detect it using the screenshots (for example in explorer by sorting to the resolution-column)
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I used the mediainfo program in linux to do it with a bash script. worked well, except sometimes it used 4:3 and sometimes it used the decimal version, so I imported the results into a spreadsheet to finish the job.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
# Aspect Ratio Lister by Kissell
# creates aspect-ratio-results.txt in $LOCATION

LOCATION="/path/to/files"
FILE_EXTENSION="avi"

if [ "$1" ]; then
  LOCATION="$1"
fi

if [ ! -s "/usr/bin/mediainfo" ]; then
  sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:shiki/mediainfo
  sudo apt-get -y update
  sudo apt-get -y install mediainfo
fi

if [ -d "$LOCATION" ]; then
  FILES=`find "$LOCATION"  -maxdepth 2 -type f -name "*.$FILE_EXTENSION" |sort |sed 's: :_:g'`
  for NEXT_FILE in ${FILES[@]}; do
    NEXT_FILE=$(echo "$NEXT_FILE"|sed 's:_: :g')  
    FOLDER_NAME=${NEXT_FILE%/*}
    FOLDER_NAME=$(echo "$FOLDER_NAME"|sed s:$LOCATION/::g)
    ASPECT_RATIO=`/usr/bin/mediainfo "$NEXT_FILE" | awk '/Display aspect ratio/{print $5}'`
    echo "\"$FOLDER_NAME\",\"$ASPECT_RATIO\""
    echo "\"$FOLDER_NAME\",\"$ASPECT_RATIO\"" >> "$LOCATION"/aspect-ratio-results.txt
  done
else
  echo "Directory does not exist: $LOCATION"
fi
Well done Smile

So then good luck with your "re-rip script" Wink
My GitHub. My Add-ons:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List Movie AspectRatios 0