Win Which IR receiver to buy to use with Logitech harmony One and XMBC?
Hey

The Topic pretty much describes what I need. I Would be interested to gain full use of the harmony one remote with xmbc. Would it be better to buy somesort of bundle wiht receiver and remote controller. And "teach" the Harmony controller or is it possible just to buy receiver and do the "teaching" some other way?
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remotes/ac...vices/6347 is probably what you want. I have a Harmony One and pretty much didn't want to bother trying to make it work with XBMC. I use and love the Motorola Nyxboard.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Thats way too expensive (Costs 109€ in Finland) and I don't need IR blaster and other stuff. This is what I had in mind: http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTE1OQ== So the question is can I use this device with Logitech harmony and XMBC. Probaly yes but I just don't know how. Does XMBC support this? And does it work if I just plug in the devices?
Ths topic has been pretty well hammered to death, reincarnated as a horse and beaten to death again. I would suggest that you do a search for the info you are after. There is a gold mine of answers in the "Hardware" section. That said, you can do either, buy a set and teach or buy an IR reciever and program (most likely as an MCE remote - but it doesn't have to be if you get creative).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=flirc
This thread is all about a specific type of IR reciever called FLIRC... That is the route I took.I'm happy with it,it allows me to use more of the buttons on the Harmony remote, including the touch screen. To fully maximize its potential I had to edit keymap.xml... YMMV
I'm sure you can use the product you mention in combo with something like event ghost... But read the reviews, horrible range, bulky hard to confgure drivers, crashing systems... I'd run far and fast. There are other IR reciever's out there, simpler more stable, less periscope-esque
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
Thanks orderred FLICR 36$ shipped to Finland.
I think you will be happy. Nod
Jason Kotzin is very responsive if you have any questions or issues.

So with flirc, think outside the box. You can set your remote to be ANYTHING you want it to be. And then map the appropriate button to the appropriate keyboard function. I told my harmony to think it was communicating to a Denon AVR, because
1.) I don't own a Denon AVR so there is no concern of pressing a button and having another piece of equipment respond
2.) That particualr AVR has a tremendous number of functions that could be individually mapped. More functions than I could reasonably use.

I mapped the numbers to numbers, play to play and so on. But when I got to specialized keys, like I have a touchscreen buttons for OSD, and one that takes me directly to Movies, one for Music, one for Pics, I used the off the wall Denon features like Picture-in-Picture, different inputs... The downside, more work for you, the up side, better customization

OR you could simply tell your harmony that it is an MCE remote and it would map even easier. The downside, here is that you get very limited customization, and if you have an XBOX360 in line of sight, it will also control that. The upside, you can have the system set-up and running in a couple minutes.

If you are interested, I would be hapy to share with you my keymap.xml so you can see what I did and get an idea of how you could customize yours. But be aware, that it can take a bit of head scratching to make work.
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
Hey

I'm definitely interested to see the keymap.xml, can you post it in here?
I will this evening.
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
Here is my keyboard.xml file. I had to change the extension from .xml to .txt so that it would upload to the forum.

It is modified for my uses. And please note that this is Dharma, Eden may require some more modifications.

You will notice that I use window id to refer to my targets. I found that was easier and quicker than any other method. YMMV

You can find a short list of Window IDs at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

Or a complete list of window IDs at http://pastebin.com/5RKiUmNg
For what it's worth I was wrong, I don't have the Harmonyset up for a Denon AVR. I have the Harmony set up to emulate a Samsung UN55D8000...

As I recall I did have it set up as a Denon AVR, and found the scroll rate to be apalling.
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
Thanks I looked at the keyboard.xml file and I think I undestand how it works, I will return to this after I have my Flicr it is still on the way. Another questions: is it possible to use harmony one remote to open applications in my computer like spotify?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which IR receiver to buy to use with Logitech harmony One and XMBC?0