Win Large files not working over FTP
I have the same problem. I am using FilleZilla server on an WindowsXP(NTFS) and when I try to play files that are over 2GBs over the internet XBMC says playback failed.
In the files area the file size shown is 2.00GB no matter how large the file is. If I split the file in pieces smaller than 2GB everything goes fine. If I establish a VPN connection to the mashine running Filezilla and then ftp locally the movie size shown is still 2.00GB but it plays. Webdav on the other hand shows the correct size of the file but it doesnt play it either.
So my questions is: Is it a bug? Would it be fixed on final Eden? Which protocol should be used for playng over internet?
Looks like the FTPParsing stuff is using long, which is defined as signed 32bit (thus 2GB max) on win32.

Will fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/1658...7e5bde1eba

Thanks for the report,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

@jmarshall,
Do you think it is the same thing affecting this user over UPNP as well?
Nope - the bug I fixed is cosmetic only (size reported by the fileitem).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large files not working over FTP0