I'm New....
Hey, I'm new to the forum here...I'm a longtime Windows Media Center user, always been curious about XBMC.

I like WMC7, never once had any problems with it until I rebuilt my living room HTPC with a beefier mobo/processor/ram, lost all of my previous recorded shows due to codec or copyright blah-de-plah. Essentially we use our WMC7 HTPC mainly for recording Live TV and watching HD movies. From what I've gathered, XBMC doesnt support live TV? Is this correct? Or are there updates/plug-ins to support such things?

I've also learned that Microsoft might no longer be showing any love to WMC7, so XBMC might be a good choice to move to? I'm very concerned about the live TV aspect though, since we DVR many-a-show.

Any ideas? Help? Input? I'd love to give it a try.

I appreciate any input!
SO, I have never attempted to use my HTPC for live tv. That said, XBMC 11 Eden is setup to be an out of the box PVR, and when combined with other programs you can watch/record live tv

There is a Wiki topic specifically tailored just for you.
HOW-TO:Watch TV in XBMC
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...TV_in_XBMC

I know a bunch of people use TVHeadEnd, but that is not the exclusive choice. Like with everything else, do your homework.

And check out the video add-on pages in the forum especially
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=tvheadend (although this is specific for Linux)
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
(2012-03-15, 19:44)TapRackPull Wrote: SO, I have never attempted to use my HTPC for live tv. That said, XBMC 11 Eden is setup to be an out of the box PVR, and when combined with other programs you can watch/record live tv

That is not true. There is an Eden11.0 branch that has PVR. The official XBMC Eden11.0 does not have PVR built in

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thank you for correcting me.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help