Win .rar over network freeze
Hello!

Was serching the forum for a similar thread but didnt find one, so if there is one existing i apollogise.

Now to my problem, the movies in my XMBC machine are stored on another computer so i watch them over the network through my mediacenter, this works great with .mkv files and such but when it comes to the .rar movies, the XBMC just freezes and stay that way forever and ctrl+alt+delete has to be used to shut it down.

Is this a well known problem and/or is it fixable? Using 10.1 version.

LINKH
In order to help, you'll need to full/complete post a Debug log (use a log posting service or as text file attachment - do not post the log directly in the thread).

I don't know of any current problems with RARs specifically. You can search TRAC to see if there are any existing issues... and post your problem there too.

The majority of the videos I watch are RAR'd - they stream to my XBMC pc over a gigabit LAN from my NAS using NFS or SMB.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I bet a debug log will show an exception in the rar code. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Attempt to play one of the offendingn rars, and when XBMC crashes kill it.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.rar over network freeze0