3D Movie Identifier
Hi

Would it be possible to implent a way to identify 3D movies in XBMC.

Maybe an overlay, or changing the HD marker to 3D.

I think the way this could be implemented would be by naming the files as .3dmkv, but would need xbmc to play them as mkv, just tagged as 3d.

I would love to work on this myself, but would have no clue where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
IIRC some skins already support this - but don't change the file suffix - simply add 3D somewhere within the filename - like Avatar.3D.mkv and supporting skins should show a 3d overlay. But don't ask me which skins - I don't remember - just seen it once in the forum here.
When I set up my brothers AppleTV last year I added 3D as a genre in the nfo of each 3D movie which worked OK.
Is that compatible with playerfactory.xml ?
Cause it would be really useful to be able to set an external player to 3D content (TMT5/PowerDVD/WinDVD...).
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
I don't see why it would interfere with playercorefactory.xml, it should work perfectly fine.
(2012-03-16, 19:18)Maxoo Wrote: Is that compatible with playerfactory.xml ?
Cause it would be really useful to be able to set an external player to 3D content (TMT5/PowerDVD/WinDVD...).

This is exactly what I do. I set a rule for filenames. If the filename includes .3dbd it will use an external player. By the way, .3dbd is how you get the skin to display a 3d case in the library. At least for MQ3, which is what I use.
Thanks, will try that !
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Movie Identifier0