[AppleTV] - 1080 Video?
I could not (to my surprise) find a thread on this, but the new Apple TV (available from tomorrow) has 1080 output. What are the chances of this working out of the box (well, once jail broken) with the XBMC port?
Keith

XBMC on Acer Revo, Windows 7.
ATV2.
Intel NUC, Windows 7
Gateway Laptop when traveling...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=atv3
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114756

Two threads here talking about the device a little. As there already is an iOS port providing the upgrade form A4 to A5 doesn't change anything (no idea if it would or not) then I would say it would be pretty quick. Jailbreak is needed first as you said though and that may take a while.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Rumor has it that 5.1 has been jailbroken.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=20692
Only the on he has so far. Will need to be testing etc of the jailbreak before a public release. Also I think apple tv jailbreaks are done by another team of people.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I haven't dug too much into why, but jailbreaks have also been dependent on what hardware is in the device e.g. A4 chip vs A5. There have been instances of A4 devices (iPhone 4, iPad 1, ATV2) being untethered jailbroken when A5 (iPhone 4s, iPad2) being either tethered or not jailbroken at all. The new ATV runs on a single core A5 so it's probable that it will fall under the same issues that the other A5 devices do with jailbreaking. Until the various groups who make our lives better by jailbreaking we won't know exactly how much better the new ATV will be. A word of advice, if you do buy one now, do NOT upgrade the software until a jailbreak has been successful in untethered mode. I have high hopes for the new one, mine comes in tomorrow Smile
All I can say is that our iOS devs have "dreamy/googily/do-want eyes" when looking at the ATV3. If/when the device is jailbroken, I'm sure they'll give it a go. However, as with all new devices, we don't know what hurdles we will face, or how long things will take (assuming anything is possible in the first place).

tl;dr- we all want XBMC to work on the ATV3, but it's all unknown if it's possible, and there is no ETA on anything.
Well my order is already placed (delivery in 1 - 2 weeks). Its unlikly that the current atv2 deb will run on ios 5.1 (either atv2 or atv3) because of the new menu structure. But there is already a solution from nitotv which we can adapt to make xbmc compatible to ios 5.1. (though coding is needed here for sure).

Beside that i have a major refactor in queue which will bring tvout support to ios. It also allows resolution switching on atv2 (and atv3 then) and will then automagically take care of 1080p aswell.

Everything said already about the needed JB of course.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-03-16, 14:20)Memphiz Wrote: Well my order is already placed (delivery in 1 - 2 weeks). Its unlikly that the current atv2 deb will run on ios 5.1 (either atv2 or atv3) because of the new menu structure. But there is already a solution from nitotv which we can adapt to make xbmc compatible to ios 5.1. (though coding is needed here for sure).

Beside that i have a major refactor in queue which will bring tvout support to ios. It also allows resolution switching on atv2 (and atv3 then) and will then automagically take care of 1080p aswell.

Everything said already about the needed JB of course.

And it already seems there are 3 possibility's for jailbreaking iOS5.1 Smile

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/19383772...ad-3-fever

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] - 1080 Video?0