New build
Here are a couple pics of my new mini build I just completed. While nowhere near the size of a Zotac, I do have a front Bluray disk on this and an nVidia 430GTX capabale of HD audio. CPU is core i3 and motherboard is Intel. Ignore the G.Skill logo since I replaced the RAM. :-)

Image[/img]

Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
woa, looks like a big HTPC,
GT430+i3 is a powerful HTPC...you might want to keep it off the carpet though!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Nice pics
+1 thanks for sharing pics. Nice htpc/setup! Smile
You might want to tuck that usb drive inside the case if you can
(2012-03-16, 00:24)bluray Wrote: GT430+i3 is a powerful HTPC...you might want to keep it off the carpet though!

Why? I don't think it would run that hot would it? It has 3 case fans and I thought the i3 was pretty low power/heat. I have a small table I could put it on but I thought it would be better on the floor.

As for the dongle, that's for my diNovo mini. I don't know how I'd put it inside the case but wouldn't that cut down on reception?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2012-03-21, 15:58)patseguin Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 00:24)bluray Wrote: GT430+i3 is a powerful HTPC...you might want to keep it off the carpet though!

Why? I don't think it would run that hot would it? It has 3 case fans and I thought the i3 was pretty low power/heat. I have a small table I could put it on but I thought it would be better on the floor.
It is not really heat issue. Placing the PC and electronics directly on the carpet is not a good idea, it tend to collect dust very fast.....

(2012-03-21, 15:58)patseguin Wrote: As for the dongle, that's for my diNovo mini. I don't know how I'd put it inside the case but wouldn't that cut down on reception?
That is what I thought. You have better wireless reception by having it outside/in-front the case.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build0