How much memory are people using?
Had my ATV2 JB'd by someone, and looking at it today it shows the memory is 91% full. I'm tempted to do a restore via iTunes and attempt jailbreaking myself and only installing specific programs that I know I'll use but:

1. I'm not 100% confident of how easy this will be!
2. If it's not going to result in some decent memory savings there isn't much point
3. If I can easily delete files to reduce the memory usage instead this would also be good. I've checked most threads on that in this forum and deleted some stuff in the cache's but it didn't do much.

So I'm wondering if being above 90% is normal and figured I'd ask what others are seeing?
What "memory" are we talking about here? RAM or Flash drive space? If the former, there's nothing wrong with that necessarily. If the latter you can probably clean out some files in XBMC's caches.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hmmmm ... good point. Here's what I show under "storage":

Size/Used/Avail/Use%
/dev/disk0s1s1 569M 507M 57M 91%
/dev/disk0s1s2 6.9G 1.2G 5.8G 17%

So I guess I'm fine and maybe the first disk is just the OS?

You pretty much got it there, the first partition I think is reserved for FrontRow/Apple related stuff, the second one is the one that the cache's and other stuff saves to as far as I know.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Thanks, scared the crap out of me when I saw 91% used ... should've let my brain register the second line before posting. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How much memory are people using?0