TV series - number of DVD images
Hi,

I have a TV series but it's not individual files, it's a series of DVD rips (4 folders containing the files on the DVDs). Obviously there isn't a way of showing each individual episode, but I can't get XBMC (Eden RC2) to identify them.
I can't be the first to have this problem so I'm probably just being dumb (I don't think it's an XBMC issue). Could anyone point me at what I need to do? I suppose I would like 4 options to show up in my Movies list, "Dexter - episodes 1-3" etc, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Many thanks
If you have ISOs then it's easy - just name foo.s01e01e02e03e04.iso

If you have VIDEO_TS folders then it's a pain in the arse:

1. Label the folder like foo.s01e01e02e03
2. Change the default regexps so they look at the folder level as well as the file level (remove the bit at the end concerning the presence of slashes). See advancedsettings.xml (wiki)

Obviously the much, much, much better solution is to rip to individual episode files Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan.
I can create an ISO easily enough - sounds like a quick and dirty solution just to rename that, tho as you said, individual episodes are probably a better option.
I never really had much luck with ripping episodes individually from a DVD but I've not tried doing so for years, so it may well work fine for me now. I'll give it a go some time.

Thanks for your help. I hope you're proud of XBMC - it's brilliant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV series - number of DVD images0