Win Can't put computer to sleep without crashing XBMC?
So for some reason, whenever I put my computer to sleep, and I wake it up, XBMC will not have any audio. It will say the audio is broken or something like that when I try playing a video. Everything else works fine.. I need to exit out of it and then turn it back on. It usually takes a couple of times to get it to turn back on, then it works fine.. Anyone hear of this issue or have an idea or fix? Any help would be appreciated. I use Windows 7.
Bump. Any ideas? I have my HTPC all the time which fixes the problem, but it'd be nice to not have it running 24/7...
Tried using eventghost to close xbmc on suspend and restart in on resume?
I haven't. I'll give that a try, as it would be better than having to exit it out every time anyways, but I would like to be able to pause shows then put it to sleep then be able to resume when I get back like I used to..
Yes, I have had a similar issue. Not to mention major issues with stuttering on resume.

I am not using event ghost so that wasn't an option for me. I was able to fix these issues on my system using Hibernate Trigger. I did a little write up in a similar thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114273. It does kill/reload on sleep/resume so pausing isn't going to work. If you stop and then choose the same episode/movie on resume, you will be prompted if you want to start over or from where you left off. I know it's not as slick as just pressing play, but to me, it was well worth the trade-off to have my audio issues/stuttering a thing of the past.

You may also want to make sure your receiver is powered on before you turn your HTPC on.
I have had some issues with the HDMI sync on my receiver when it's done the other way around... (and it's not a cheap receiver either Wink)
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Thanks for all the help guys! I just feel that at ONE time it worked, so I should be able to figure out what is wrong so I can fix it.. I don't think I need to use a script or whatnot. Could anyone look at the errors at the end of this debug log and let me know if they know what it means? Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/AL3Ggv7S
Bump. Could anyone take a look at that pastebin? Thanks!
One more desperate bump..
bump....it happens the same too me...90%...not always...
It's so annoying....i will paste my debug log tomorrow...
Just in case....my system: gigabyte z68 ud2h b3, i5 2500k
(2012-04-25, 05:25)achaw Wrote: bump....it happens the same too me...90%...not always...
It's so annoying....i will paste my debug log tomorrow...
Just in case....my system: gigabyte z68 ud2h b3, i5 2500k

Thanks! I'd appreciate it!
We know, it will be fixed after AE (next gen audio system for XBMC) is merged.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This happens to me as well. It is rather annoying!
My HM Server: HP Proliant N40L Microserver, AMD Athlon II Neo @ 1.5GHz, 6GB DDR3 1333MHz, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB, Windows Server 2008 R2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't put computer to sleep without crashing XBMC?0