Another stuttering network user
Howdy everybody!

My system consists of a server running on:
Intel Core2Duo E6600 @2400Mhz
8GB Ram (With no problems)
Windows 7 x64
5,6 Experience Index (Primary HDD bringing scores down)
Connected via cable to my Thompson VDSL-modem.
I have about 1400 episodes from 40 TV-Shows stored on it and shared through SMB to my Client.

Internet Speed: 30,13Mbit down, 4,91Mbit up. 24Ms latency according to Speedtest.net

Client: Acer Iconia Tab w500
AMD C-50 @1 GHz
2GB Ram (With no problems)
Windows 8 Customer Preview
Connected via WIFI to my Thompson VDSL-Modem. (Full signal strength)

Internet Speed: 28,9Mbit down, 4,89Mbit up. 45Ms latency according to Speedtest.net

My client is running XBMC 10.1 (Due to Eden locking up everytime I tried adding the option to let external devices control it for some reason)

My problem is stuttering.

Everytime I start SVTPlay (For example, same happens with all streaming addons), I notice right away that I get no sound and after a few seconds the video and interface starts to lag. If I skip forward one minute, and then skip back to the beginning, the lag is completely gone and I get sound.

If I start a stream through SVTPlay, stop it, run a video from my server, I get the same lag and no audio and I have to skip forward and then back to the beginning to get audio and no lag.

Sometimes I get lag just by playing video without starting a stream-service first, and sometimes it doesn't even help to skip forward and back... I have to restart XBMC for it to work.

I have 3 seasons of a show stored locally on my XBMC Client, and I've watched through them all without a hitch... Which points me in the direction of a network problem in XBMC/SMB.

I have read all threads about stutters/lag/buffering on the first 17 pages of this support forum, but I haven't found someone who really has the same problem as I do... Which is why I dared to create this account and this post.

If I have missed something in my description or if I haven't searched well enough I do appologize, but I'm kind of in a hurry to get things setup for a TV-marathon in 18 hours.

I will appreciate all help!

(PS. If you really need a log, I can go get one)

Edit:
Oh, almost forgot. The material I have is all SD. Around 150-330Mb size and they are usually between 20 and 45 minutes long.
And the stutter is so bad, the time counter goes to 00:01, then 00:02, then 00:01, sometimes up to 00:03... But always goes back a second or two every other second.
I have read the rules and I'm aware that bumping my own topics should be avoided and that it isn't allowed within 24 hours. But it's been a couple of days and I'd like to give this another shot. Smile
you should post a debug log, may get you more answers.
Try rolling back or deleting and reinstalling your NIC driver (network interface card aka network driver). I would make sure you have a local copy of it and you know where it is before starting though.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
wes paich: I'm trying to upload it to pastebin, but it's taking forever.
DDDamian: I'll try, i'm not sure how many older versions of the driver there is for Windows 8 though. :/
I am also seeing this issue on two different computers. Both also on Windows 8 connected via Wifi. Strangely, it only happens when playing SD videos, 720p and 1080p mkvs play perfectly.

If I skip ahead 30 seconds forward and then back after opening then SD videos play normally. I will post a debug log when I get home.
Ok, here is a debug log first showing an .mkv playing fine and then an xvid that stutters with no sound. I let it stutter for 30 seconds or so and then skipped back to get the video to play perfectly again.

http://pastebin.com/sVk7PEkc

I did try deleting and reinstalling the NIC driver, but the problem persists.
I've got the exact same problem. If I let the video stutter around for a few seconds or if I fast forward and then hit the "previous chapter" or something on my Xbmc Lite-WP7 App, it's fine. Sometimes it happens after pausing for a while too though which makes it harder to get it to run.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another stuttering network user0