Linux Zotac ID82 for Linux (live, xbmcbuntu, ubuntu, lubuntu) based xbmc ?
Hi all

I am wondering if it will be possible to get Linux based xbmc working fine on the all new Zotac ID82 ?

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...mid=100167

What do you think?

Thanks
Roberto
i dont see why not
Seems like very interesting choise! My question would be that if this HTPC would be able to play full SBS 3D without any problems ?
well so far, i think reviews say that intel HD3000 graphics are indeed full 3D capable

read http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphic...e-review/1 Smile
(2012-03-16, 19:51)eskro Wrote: i dont see why not

Thanks for your answer eskro.
Well, the reason I ask is because I always pay attention to use nvidia graphics to be sure everything works well with linux based xbmc, but there is only intel graphics in this machine. So does that mean that with this intel graphics there will be no problem or limits in the graphics area? Or will I just have to follow certain procedures to get it to work well?
well Linux is Linux.
i cant confirm you you wont need to tweak stuff but,
in the END, the hardware is compatible so,
i see no problems if your into Linux.
Thank you eskro for good information! HD3000 seems like really good solucion for HTPC and good support for 3D helps.
I have only one more doubt about HD3000 actually and that is the 23.97fps playback, searching for compatibility
of HD3000 with 23.97fps gave me headache for real! My understanding is that older intel chips had problems with this
but that newest versions and newest drivers ( only win7 ? ) would not suffer with any known problem with 23.97fps
playback ? I have Samsung D8000 that supports this kind of playback perfectly and from my non decidated HTPC with
ATI4890 I have had no problems what so ever ( linux or win ) besides that it doesn't support full SBS.
Thanks guys, you helped me. I will watch out for some test results before buying, cause I still am not thaaaat much into Linux yet.

Thanks, cheers
Roberto

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ID82 for Linux (live, xbmcbuntu, ubuntu, lubuntu) based xbmc ?0