Win Windows boots to fast!?
So I recently built a matching pair of AMD A6-3500 systems for my aging HTPCs.... Well they have 60GB SSD and all the fixings running Windows 7 x64 and I am running two remote mounts (SMB) to my main media server for the Thumbnails and MythTV Recordings. XBMC itself is configured to use SMB mounts for the files but that doesn't seem to the be the issue, the issue I have is with the remote thumbnail mounts since both systems share a common mysql DB and wanted the same for thumbnails. Windows boots up so fast the mount points are fully reconnected by the time XBMC starts... So to potentially fix this I've added the delay option to XBMC of 15 seconds and it still doesn't help. I was wondering if anyone had a recommended startup script to confirm the mount points are live before starting XBMC to prevent the issue?

Maybe a batch file or other options? HELP. Thanks in Advance.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Try a batch file that has a delay in it, then does a directory listing on the smb shares, then launches XBMC. This way you will be able to see if the smb shares are actually connected before xbmc launches.
If you need to sleep in a batch file, check this out http://malektips.com/xp_dos_0002.html
Working perfectly (I use it for a different purpose however, but still).
I wrote a batch file and with Vista and up you can actually use TIMEOUT for a sleep. It's native in the OS.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Did the batch file you wrote fix your problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows boots to fast!?0