Your Thoughts
I currently have a 10TB Amahi server in an office type room upstairs. I have a HTPC running windows 7 in my bedroom that streams from that server. I don't have a networked home so I use Zyxel 200 mb Powerline adaptors to connect via hardwire. The rest of the house is pretty much wireless.

What I am seeking to do is use a 3rd Powerline adaptor for my downstairs LG TV but I want to have a small form factor PC for XBMC that can handle HD streaming (up to 1080p preferred).

I have read many people say Revo is a good option and read about new Zotac PC's as well so I did some online window shopping to see what is in my range as I don't really wanna spend over $300 on a new PC.

I came up with this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856173032

I have an old laptop HD lying around that should fit it so would only then need to get some memory for it. Would this fit the bill of what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance.
That one would certainly do, however it is a little outdated.

The newer AMD Fusion based Zotac zboxes can run openelec (highly stripped down linux for just xbmc and nothing else) and their processor is much faster than the atom cpu that's in the one you linked to.

Check out the models ad04, ad02 and ad10. ad10 is the nano version which is really tiny, but I read that it might be louder (just read on a couple of threads, don't take my word for it) ad02 is the mini booksize that has the e-350 apu just like ad10. ad04 has the newer e-450 apu.
(2012-03-16, 23:41)aptalca Wrote: That one would certainly do, however it is a little outdated.

The newer AMD Fusion based Zotac zboxes can run openelec (highly stripped down linux for just xbmc and nothing else) and their processor is much faster than the atom cpu that's in the one you linked to.

Check out the models ad04, ad02 and ad10. ad10 is the nano version which is really tiny, but I read that it might be louder (just read on a couple of threads, don't take my word for it) ad02 is the mini booksize that has the e-350 apu just like ad10. ad04 has the newer e-450 apu.

Thanks for the reply. I did see other options that may even be newer but my only concern was choosing Nvidia over ATI for the video as I read in some places that ATI may have issues with XBMC on linux. If this is not a concern then I can definitely update my options.
ATI/AMD does have issues in general with linux. I would not recommend a dedicated AMD gpu with linux, however openelec bundled all the correct drivers specifically for the e-350/e-450 apu platform as a separate build. As far as I know, e-350+openelec is solid, but any other AMD + any other form of linux usually leads to problems. I suggest you browse the openelec forums for more details

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your Thoughts0