xbmcbuntu beta3 - MCE Remote
I've just installed with unetbootin onto a 16Gb USB flash drive.
Should the MCE remote work out of the box ? If yes I can provide the logs because it doesn't seem to work here.

Also if I try to ssh with putty from my main PC I get an error with user : xbmc pass : xbmc Has it changed since Dharma ?
To my knowledge only the Genuine Microsoft one works 100% out the box.

I have the MS MCE remote and works with no configuration.

The username and password would be whatever you set it as, mine is xbmc / xbmc
sy278 Wrote:To my knowledge only the Genuine Microsoft one works 100% out the box.

I have the MS MCE remote and works with no configuration.

The username and password would be whatever you set it as, mine is xbmc / xbmc

I have a Genuine Microsoft remote but the receiver was originaly for a non genuie one. So far it worked in any other XBMC releases.

user/pass is solved btw after I've installed to HDD because while installing I could choose. I didn't had this option when I booted from the USB directly.
I use an MCE IR receiver with a universal learning remote control I found online a couple of years ago (I can actually use almost any IR remote I have lying around). I use LIRC and created my own lirc.conf using irrecord and configured XBMC accordingly. Have you tried/do you want to try that?
dnixx Wrote:I use an MCE IR receiver with a universal learning remote control I found online a couple of years ago (I can actually use almost any IR remote I have lying around). I use LIRC and created my own lirc.conf using irrecord and configured XBMC accordingly. Have you tried/do you want to try that?

No, how can I do that ? Can you give a link to a guide or something ?
as far as i can tell with xbmcbuntu at least all that is needed for an mce remote is to enable remote control sends keyboard presses.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Haohmaru Wrote:No, how can I do that ? Can you give a link to a guide or something ?

You could check out this guide: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Setup_Lirc

But there might be better ways to getting your remote working. I would investigate Hudson_Hawk04's claim; it sure sounds like a a lot less work
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:as far as i can tell with xbmcbuntu at least all that is needed for an mce remote is to enable remote control sends keyboard presses.

sadly that didn't work for me
and thx for the link
I have a genuine Microsoft remote and not everything works out of the box. The "info" and "back" buttons do not seem to work. Activating "remote control sends keyboard presses" gives better results, but I am not sure that the bindings are correct out of the box: the "info" button does not have the same behaviour as the right mouse click.
I'm interested as well on how to activate those two buttons. There kind of essential Wink
same
I also installed using unetbootin and I also have zero functionality with my tried and true mce remote. I have enabled "remote control sends keyboard presses" but still have no buttons functioning. The red light is showing that the IR receiver is recognizing sent commands, nothing processes.
same problem here unfortunately had to revert back to openelec - which is great but would love to see eden Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu beta3 - MCE Remote0