External player config for Bluray disc
I am having issues with PowerDVD9 and bluray disc playback, I can launch the application from within XBMC ok but the playback is jerky even when in the menu of the disc. I am using the latest Eden build. Below is my playercorefactory.xml settings.

I also only want to invoke the external player for Blurays but at the moment all media invokes the player.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
protocol="bd" doesn't work. Use filename="E:\\.*" to refer to anything on disc, or use filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" for Blu-Ray discs specifically. (I'm assuming E is your drive letter.)

As to the jerkiness, is it only when you launch PowerDVD9 through XBMC, or regardless? Do you have hardware acceleration turned on?
(2012-03-17, 15:09)scudlee Wrote: protocol="bd" doesn't work. Use filename="E:\\.*" to refer to anything on disc, or use filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" for Blu-Ray discs specifically. (I'm assuming E is your drive letter.)

As to the jerkiness, is it only when you launch PowerDVD9 through XBMC, or regardless? Do you have hardware acceleration turned on?

Thanks, I will try your suggestion.

The jerkiness is only when power DVD is launched from xbmc. If I launch from Windows there is no problem.

David
(2012-03-17, 15:09)scudlee Wrote: protocol="bd" doesn't work. Use filename="E:\\.*" to refer to anything on disc, or use filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" for Blu-Ray discs specifically. (I'm assuming E is your drive letter.)

It worked, now only bluray discs launch the external player.

Now I just need to fix the jerkiness.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Still having problems with the video jerky/stuttering. I have update the ATI video drivers to 12.3 on the off chance this will help but it doesn't.

David
This probably isn't related, but I notice you have hideconsole set as true, this is wrong in your case because you're launching the player directly. Hideconsole is more for when you use a batch file as an external player (e.g. to mount an .iso file as a virtual drive or change refresh rates, before running the real external player), in those cases the first window opened is an ugly console window, which XBMC will hide.

Having it set to true in your case obviously isn't hiding the player... but maybe XBMC's attempt to hide it is what's causing the jerkiness.

Definitely a long-shot that, and it wouldn't surprise me if you've already fiddled with those parameters to no avail.
Below is my modified playercorefactory file. I amended the rules section which has fixed the issue of launching the external player for all video media and removed the hideconsole and warpcursor entries as the wiki states the commands are for Win32 only and I am on Win64.

I still have jerky video though, I have tried different combinations within XBMC video playback settings for "Sync playback to display" and "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" all to no avail. I have looked at the settings within PDVD but there doesn't appear to be anything I can do there.

Anyone got anymore ideas?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks

David
i bought a copy of TMT5 but cant get xbmc to launch the player now. Here is my playercorefactory file.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}" /fullscreen</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
See if this can help u.

Google and Download AutoFrequency. Install and config. It's a small program that basically changes de display freq of ur screen, i installed it at first, cos TMT3 didn''t change my TV frq. However, it soon came in handy for other reason. The thing is, u config this program, specify what player will run DVD, which one will run Blurays, and which one will be in charge of generic clips. Fact is, u can call this program from XBMC playercorefactory, as if it was just another external player. The xml will pass the file to AutoFrequency, XBMC will minimize, AutoFrequency will change the display freq and open TMT, MPC-HC, or whatever it must, and run ur file.
U could, as a matter of fact, have just this program in playercorefactory to run 3 different players from there.
This is how i have it in my playercorefactory. hope it helps u :

<players>

<player name="AutoFrequency" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\AutoFrequency\AutoFrequency.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /close</args>
</player>

</players>

HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
At least when I was using power DVD it would load from xbmc, tmt5 won't even load. This is so frustrating.

David
@DavidT99- every media player is slightly different......you can try this combination below and it work great on my HTPC's:

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\enter your login user here\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-03-31, 03:36)bluray Wrote: @DavidT99- every media player is slightly different......you can try this combination below and it work great on my HTPC's:

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\enter your login user here\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

thank you, it works.

David
(2012-03-31, 12:06)DavidT99 Wrote: thank you, it works.

David
Congratulation.....Smile

Hey Bluray. Just want to say thanks for your contribution in this matter. I couldn't for the life of me get "playdisc" option to open up TMT5 using your directions under the "Simple external player codes thread." Found this thread and this code works on my system. Works like a charm. Thanks !!!

windows 7 64 bit
eden 11 rc2
(2012-04-20, 21:21)hiyo3 Wrote: Hey Bluray. Just want to say thanks for your contribution in this matter. I couldn't for the life of me get "playdisc" option to open up TMT5 using your directions under the "Simple external player codes thread." Found this thread and this code works on my system. Works like a charm. Thanks !!!

windows 7 64 bit
eden 11 rc2
Congratulation......Nod

Each HTPC work slightly different, and some work fine with the other codes......

Cool I'm new to Xbmc. Today I use PowerDVD 11 to play my Bluray ISO films on my NAS who I mount in Deamon tools. How can I config to do the same in Xbmc?

There is a talk about a playercorefactory file what is this and where can I find it?

Regard
Ola A.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External player config for Bluray disc0