AFP Time Capsule -> ATV2
Hi! Im trying to add a share for my Time Capsule HDD to xbmc. I go under "Files" and "add videos". But when trying to enter the path to my Time Capsule using afp://[username]:[password]@192.168.0.1/Data I get the "could not connect to netword drive"- error. What is the correct way to add a share from a time capsule?

Note that i do not want to use zeroconfig, because the TC-shared drive is set to "not allowed" for guests. But I still want to be able to read/write to the TC- HDD. Thats why I want to connect with a username and password.

Any ideas?
post a log file with debug turned on (first link in my signature).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
But i just want a guide how to add a afp as a source. Surley that cant require a log file, as there is yet not a problem? I just dont know how to do it.
zeroconf will still find the TC. Add it there, then go back and edit the source so that you can add the username and password. IIRC, you're just missing the port number on the manual entry, which I can't remember at the moment.
Hmm. When I change the filesharing under airport utilities to "not allowed" XBMC wont find the TC under zeroconfig. But you are right. I didnt enter the portnumber. Whats the exact way to add a source manually. I think the port is 548?

Would it be like this?

afp://[username]:[password]:[email protected]/Data ?
yep, just double checked and 548 should be it.
(2012-03-17, 20:20)tobl Wrote: Hmm. When I change the filesharing under airport utilities to "not allowed" XBMC wont find the TC under zeroconfig. But you are right. I didnt enter the portnumber. Whats the exact way to add a source manually. I think the port is 548?

Would it be like this?

afp://[username]:[password]:[email protected]/Data ?

I think it's more like this

afp://[username]:[password]@[ipaddress]:548/Data

the port number comes after the IP address, not the password
Thanks guys. But after 4-5 hours with im giving up on this. Still wont connect.

It is like this. Your bracket aren't correct (you will need to take out the space between the first set of brackets,it wouldn't post or correctly without it.) :

Code:
afp://[ [user[:password@]]server[/share[/path[/file]]]] .

From here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109723
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Hi, I just bought a Time Capsule and tried to set it up yesterday, it works fine as when in ATV I can see it under zeroconf as my time capsule... Nothing happens when I press it as an afp but when pressing for samba i come one step closer although from there I se no folders... I also have an external drive connected to the time capsule so you should see the two!?

Also I have a pc from whixh I planned to download files and place them into the time capsule, is samba the most efficient and can cross over mac and pc? Or should I try to set up my time capsule another way, like nfs? In that case how?

Here's my log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9806
(2012-10-04, 07:48)Nirtus Ohm Wrote: Hi, I just bought a Time Capsule and tried to set it up yesterday, it works fine as when in ATV I can see it under zeroconf as my time capsule... Nothing happens when I press it as an afp but when pressing for samba i come one step closer although from there I se no folders... I also have an external drive connected to the time capsule so you should see the two!?

Also I have a pc from whixh I planned to download files and place them into the time capsule, is samba the most efficient and can cross over mac and pc? Or should I try to set up my time capsule another way, like nfs? In that case how?
Having the exact same issue.
Hi guys,

I know that this is written long ago, but I just managed to get by myself, and now Frodo stopped crashing on my ATV2 when playing from a TC.

For me the solution was the following - without the hard brackets of course:

smb://[timecapsuleusername]:[timecapsulepassword]@192.168.0.1

When added, you can scroll through the libraries and find the right one, so there is no need of pointing it out (especially not when writing on the stupid little silver remote). That also gives you the freedom of sorting out a messy drive without changing a lot in XBMC-setup afterwards.

I tried with and without the portnumber in the end (smb://[timecapsuleusername]:[password]@192.168.0.1:548) and it worked best without.

I was able to connect with the afp-method and the SAMBA on zeroconfig but it kept crashing, what doesnt seem to be the case now.

For those having series in more parts I'd like to add that you should remove the "combine"-tag unless you feel for a new crash. By the way I don't get why XBMC should ever combine files that I have chosen to be splitted on the disc.

So now my kids can see all their movies again without destroying the dvds and placing them all over the house - yihaa Smile
Hi!
Just tried to get connected to my TimeCapsule share and finally managed to!!
Thanks for your answers.

Here is what I had to do:

AFP seems not to work in KODI, only SMB worked.

I had to remove special characters from my password, but I am not sure it was necessary.

I had to add a source manually and enter this path:

smb://[timecapsulelogin]:[timecapsulepassword]@timecapsuleaddress

Note that the port isn't required because it is not AFP, simply SMB, which is known.

When it is added, login and password disappear.

Now when you choose your timecapsule (SAMBA) in the Zeroconf browser the access is granted Smile
(2015-04-11, 22:26)ragmaxone Wrote: Hi!
Just tried to get connected to my TimeCapsule share and finally managed to!!
Thanks for your answers.

Here is what I had to do:

AFP seems not to work in KODI, only SMB worked.

I had to remove special characters from my password, but I am not sure it was necessary.

I had to add a source manually and enter this path:

smb://[timecapsulelogin]:[timecapsulepassword]@timecapsuleaddress

Note that the port isn't required because it is not AFP, simply SMB, which is known.

When it is added, login and password disappear.

Now when you choose your timecapsule (SAMBA) in the Zeroconf browser the access is granted Smile

I'm still having trouble with this, kodi see my time capsule on zeroconfig but when i click on it nothing happens.
I tried this manually but when i added in it will truncate it smb://192.168.1.22

This is my full path.
smb://[Terry Airport Time Capsule]:[12345678]@192.168.1.22

Any suggestion?
AFP in Kodi is kind of broken and you shouldn't use it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFP Time Capsule -> ATV21