increase buffer percentage?
When I am watching music video's in Vevo I have noticed the files buffer as long as the file is streaming, if I press pause they buffer to a certain percentage ahead then stop buffering. If I then hit play again the buffering starts again immediately but never goes more in front than a small percentage. Its the same for films and TV series played through 1Channel etc.

Is there a reason why the buffering stops instead of using all available resources or is there a setting I can increase anywhere to allow it to buffer more.

It only occasionally causes an issue when streaming 1080p video but it would be nice to hit pause, give it a few seconds and at least then play to the end of the video without further pauses.
Userdata/advancedsettings.xml#.3Cnetwork.3E (wiki)

Although I don't actually understand it/if it will help. There are some pretty stern warnings about ram usage.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-03-17, 22:55)pseudo7 Wrote: Userdata/advancedsettings.xml#.3Cnetwork.3E (wiki)

Although I don't actually understand it/if it will help. There are some pretty stern warnings about ram usage.

Have added the following advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Doesn't make a bit of difference even if I increase it by large amounts, still buffers a slight amount and then waits for the video to be unpaused before it carries on filling the buffer.
Apparently 5242880 bytes = 5mb
If it's HD then your looking at 1.5mb at least i reckon (a guess).

What did you increase it to?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-03-18, 21:53)pseudo7 Wrote: Apparently 5242880 bytes = 5mb
If it's HD then your looking at 1.5mb at least i reckon (a guess).

What did you increase it to?

increased it to 50Mb but made no difference :-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
increase buffer percentage?0