• 4(current)
Release ShareSocial - Social media sharing & More
(2012-10-20, 02:26)schumi2004 Wrote: I tried to get this working on latest Frodo build but for some reason it doesn't work. Does it even work with Frodo builds?

Don't know how I missed your post, but in any case it works with Frodo, and I have an update coming up soon that you can test and see if you still have problems.
Version 0.2.0

Changes:
- Added ability to provide other feed types such as images
- Added askForProvider() to the ShareManager which provides a dialog for choosing feed providers
- Added ability to display progress/share/provider dialog on top of other dialogs

On my REPO.
I'm very new to xbmc
started it just 2 days ago
i want to post and read facebook status and stuff nothing too fancy
i gotthe media stuff all done and its great

I got the facebook media addon all set up but it only shows the media(photos vids etc)
so i thought sharesocial is the thing i need. I tried to add twitter but i get share.py error
and i added my facebook account and when i post status update i get a sharing failed error in target()function

plz help

here is my log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=70978
It's been a while since I've done any development on this. I just fired it up and it seems that the twitter API has changed and the old API is inactive, so twitter is totally broken, There was also some errors with the facebook code.

I'll look into it and update when I've made some progress.
I've got the twitter feeds working and I updated my status. There's a few things I have to check to make sure all is fixed, plus I'm going to see about the facebook error, and then I'll post a new version Smile
Facebook feeds now working. You'll need to update the facebook addon as well to get it to work (when I've put up a new version of it)

I'm checking a couple of other things and then I'll post the ShareSocial update to my repo.
Version 0.2.1

Changes:
- Update Twython (Python API for twitter)
- Fix for broken Facebook feeds

On my REPO.
In case anyone tried to update before this post, I got ahead of my self on the last post since I hadn't actually updated the repo yet Smile

It's updated now.
I still cannot add my twitter account
or get any feeds
when i launch the addon it just gives a blank screen. The background of the add on is there but the gettings bar or the no feeds screen doesn t appear
here is the log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=73274
I think I see the issue. There's some behavior difference on windows. Maybe sometime tomorrow I can test it on my windows machine and get it fixed.

The code is basically fine, it's just having some code importing problems, likely because of the different python version in the windows XBMC. So if I just get around that is should work for you.
Thank you very much
If you need to i can give you intel on my windows version and stuff
Version 0.2.2

Changes:
- Fixed the directory structure for proper import on some versions of python
- Fixed an error caused by auth using incorrect tokens
- Added a notification dialog when a new user is successfully added

On my REPO.

(2013-10-22, 01:35)lioric Wrote: I still cannot add my twitter account
or get any feeds
when i launch the addon it just gives a blank screen. The background of the add on is there but the gettings bar or the no feeds screen doesn t appear
here is the log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=73274

This should be fixed now. There was also some problems with authenticating that I fixed as well and wouldn't have noticed without you log, so thanks for that Smile
Wanted to give this a try and use the Context menu mod but got a 'Script failedConfusedhare.py error'. When selecting the 'Install Context Menu Mod' I get a dialog that says 'Matching mod found', and I've tried both Yes/No with the same result.

Here is the error from my xbmc.log:
ShareSocial.installSkinMod()
File "C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.sharesocial\lib\ShareSocial.py", line 1247, in installSkinMod
open(backupPath,'w').write(open(dialogPath,'r').read())
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\Ron\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\skin.aeon.nox\\720p\\DialogContextMenu.xml.SSbackup')
-->End of Python script error report<--
I'm guessing this isn't compatible with the skin I'm using. Is there a fix for this, or would the skin need to support it natively?
Cool addon... Got it working with this new version however the text is impossible to read. It appears to be grey or white. Also video's do not play. but its awesome nevertheless.
(2013-10-23, 02:56)spyder Wrote: Wanted to give this a try and use the Context menu mod but got a 'Script failedConfusedhare.py error'. When selecting the 'Install Context Menu Mod' I get a dialog that says 'Matching mod found', and I've tried both Yes/No with the same result.

Here is the error from my xbmc.log:
ShareSocial.installSkinMod()
File "C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.sharesocial\lib\ShareSocial.py", line 1247, in installSkinMod
open(backupPath,'w').write(open(dialogPath,'r').read())
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\Ron\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\skin.aeon.nox\\720p\\DialogContextMenu.xml.SSbackup')
-->End of Python script error report<--
I'm guessing this isn't compatible with the skin I'm using. Is there a fix for this, or would the skin need to support it natively?

Your Aeon Nox is probably 1080p, and it probably has something to do with that. I'll take a look and see what I can do.

(2013-10-23, 04:31)Frozin Wrote: Cool addon... Got it working with this new version however the text is impossible to read. It appears to be grey or white. Also video's do not play. but its awesome nevertheless.

What skin are you using? Could I also have a screenshot in case I can't duplicate the problem?

I just verified that videos are not working. I'll look into it.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ShareSocial - Social media sharing & More1