• 5(current)
Release ShareSocial - Social media sharing & More
(2013-10-23, 04:31)Frozin Wrote: Also video's do not play.

After further testing, I've found that the problem is not with the addon. ShareSocial passes the video ID to the YouTube addon (or other addon where appropriate).

I've gotten some videos to play while others fail. The ones that don't work also don't work when I watch then from the YouTube addon search. I can't get anything to play from the Vimeo addon no matter what I do at the moment.
Version 0.2.3

Changes:
- Added support for context mod on 1080p skins
- Added requirement for WebViewer to addon.xml (was always needed for twitter auth, now also uses it's video handling)
- Fix for local image sharing using deprecated xbmc module call
- Fix for local image sharing to work with recently updated twitter api
- Added new custom Aeon Nox context dialog mod
- Now refreshes skin after skin mod install

On my REPO.

(2013-10-23, 02:56)spyder Wrote: Wanted to give this a try and use the Context menu mod but got a 'Script failedConfusedhare.py error'. When selecting the 'Install Context Menu Mod' I get a dialog that says 'Matching mod found', and I've tried both Yes/No with the same result.

This should now be fixed. It worked for me anyway Smile
I've added a modified Aeon Nox dialog from the current version, so it will be the same dialog but with the share button added when shareable media is selected.

Let me know if you still have problems.
Thanks ruuk. i'm using aeon nox white theme and the text is not black but white, or grey, can I edit the color through an xml file and if so what file?
(2013-10-25, 04:30)ruuk Wrote: This should now be fixed. It worked for me anyway Smile
I've added a modified Aeon Nox dialog from the current version, so it will be the same dialog but with the share button added when shareable media is selected.

Let me know if you still have problems.
Yes context mod install worked, thanks. I was trying a few sources(Rev3/Youtube), I wasn't thinking Rev3 would work, but I did expect Youtube to. I was able to get the "Share" option with Dailymotion though. I haven't installed any of the sharing addons, do they all have the same abilities as far as what can be shared and played on the other end?
(2013-10-25, 17:10)spyder Wrote: Yes context mod install worked, thanks. I was trying a few sources(Rev3/Youtube), I wasn't thinking Rev3 would work, but I did expect Youtube to. I was able to get the "Share" option with Dailymotion though. I haven't installed any of the sharing addons, do they all have the same abilities as far as what can be shared and played on the other end?

You can currently share from:
flickr
PicasaWeb
Facebook-Media
ShareSocial (from the feed list)
local images/videos

You can share to:
FaceBook-Media
Twitter
X-Note (Evernote)

What you can share depends on what is possible and what I've implemented. I can't remember offhand the specifics of each.
As you can see these are all addons I've developed, which explains why they are the ones that work.

Sharing from other addons doesn't work because it requires the addon developer to add some code.
I might be able to add sharing from youtube (and perhaps other plugin style addons) when I get the chance. ShareSocial started as an idea for creating a framework for sharing between addons, so what is there so far is what I've done so far is make my addons interact with this framework. Handling addons that don't interact with that framework just hasn't been added yet, partially because it requires me to keep up with changes in the way the other addons format their media items 'plugin://' path.
Version 0.2.4

Changes:
- Fix to force correct font colors
- Put in correct language strings file
- Remove settings option 'Feed Skin'
- Added settings section 'Fonts' which allows you to set the fonts for the feed

On my REPO.
Version 0.2.5

Changes:
- Added handling for sharing from YouTube plugin
- Added handling for sharing from Revision3 plugin

On my REPO.
Version 0.2.6

Changes:
- Added handling for sharing from DailyMotion plugin
- Added handling for sharing from MetaCafe plugin
- Fix and improvement for Confluence and default context menu mods

On my REPO.

Note: You will need to re-install the context menu mod from the addon settings to get the newest plugin share handling to work. Just click install again. No need to remove first.
(2013-10-26, 22:11)ruuk Wrote: Note: You will need to re-install the context menu mod from the addon settings to get the newest plugin share handling to work. Just click install again. No need to remove first.
I got the previous update and wondered why I couldn't get the 'share' to show up, works nowBig Grin
Looks like you figured out how to add video addon support(before you mentioned it required video addon to be modified), this is awesome.
Also, when I previously thought I had Dailymotion working, turns out I had 'shared' a .strm file I had saved from the site.
Hello Ruuk, and thanks for all your work. I have a question, probably a dumb one. I just started up SocialShare (0.2.6) it said something like searching for Facebook and Twitter feeds. I use your Facebook addon already, but I don't recall telling SocialShare what my Twitter login name is. Tried to on the setup screen but wasn't allowed to "add user". How to I include my Twitter feed, or is it already included somehow? Thanks
(2013-10-29, 13:49)DWP2 Wrote: Hello Ruuk, and thanks for all your work. I have a question, probably a dumb one. I just started up SocialShare (0.2.6) it said something like searching for Facebook and Twitter feeds. I use your Facebook addon already, but I don't recall telling SocialShare what my Twitter login name is. Tried to on the setup screen but wasn't allowed to "add user". How to I include my Twitter feed, or is it already included somehow? Thanks

What do you mean by you weren't allowed to "Add User"?
In the Add-on settings page there area 3 headings: Main, Fonts, and Twitter. Under Twitter there displays "Add Twitter User". When I put focus on that and hit cr I am returned out of the window and back to "Add-on Information".

I was just about to post and say please ignore that post. I must have added on TwitBMC. SocialShare would have retrieved my feed from there. Sorry for being an idiot. But next question, shouldn't I be seeing my Tweets scrolling on the same page as my FB posts (the SocialShare main page)? I have Twitter running on a different computer and tons of tweets are coming in. Shouldn't I be seeing some?
(2013-10-29, 14:43)DWP2 Wrote: In the Add-on settings page there area 3 headings: Main, Fonts, and Twitter. Under Twitter there displays "Add Twitter User". When I put focus on that and hit cr I am returned out of the window and back to "Add-on Information".

I was just about to post and say please ignore that post. I must have added on TwitBMC. SocialShare would have retrieved my feed from there. Sorry for being an idiot. But next question, shouldn't I be seeing my Tweets scrolling on the same page as my FB posts (the SocialShare main page)? I have Twitter running on a different computer and tons of tweets are coming in. Shouldn't I be seeing some?

ShareSocial accesses twitter feeds by itself. If you didn't authorize from the settings, then that is why there are no feeds. Check to see if the WebViewer addon is installed. That is what is supposed to launch when you click that button. If it is, then I need a log.
Jeez, I just noticed your context mod! I installed it and now I see your "managing feeds" section. It mentions showing and hiding feeds, fb or twitter. I think I am ok now.
Yep, I'm all set now. I installed the WebViewer addon which allowed me to enter my Tweet name. One final question: If both my FB feed and my Twitter feed are not hidden, should both appear intermixed on the main page, or can at most one feed be displayed on that screen? Thanks in advance for the reply. Take care and thanks for your help.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ShareSocial - Social media sharing & More1