xbmc on win7 (zotac zbox ad10) video lag
Hi i recently bought a Zotac Zbox AD10 Nano ive installed a 250gb samsung 2.5" s-ata hdd and im currently running 2gb ddr3 of ram.

Ive installed Windows 7 and the latest windows version of xbmc which i downloaded from xbmc.org

I also installed the latest drivers for chipset and graphics but i still encouter a tad bit of lag in some videos. It doesnt matter if i play the videos from the harddrive or stream them from a nas/computer.

I have enabled hardware acceleration both in the gfx settings and in xbmx video settings. when pressing O i get the confirmation that it is running. my cpu load averages 15-25 which i feel is quiet high for a 720p .mkv file, no?

But that load shouldnt make the video lag, right?

Im running 1080p res both in windows and xbmc but in windows i have to manually scale the picture somewhat for the desktop to be visable fully, i have this problem regardless of resolution in windows. Any chance this can cause a problem?

bump? Sad

For some reason the zbox changes resolution in windows sometimes to 720p and if i check video settings on the gfx the zbox thinks my marantz reciever is the monitor. Im running 1080p res in xbmc, could this be the reason for overlay/somewhat lagging in videos. Especially in action-packed scenes and fast cameraswitches
What does lagging mean for you?
You have to change a setting on the TV to get 1:1 mapping instead of a slightly truncated image with 1080p. The windows desktop should appear in its entirety.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well its more that the picture isn't 100% smooth than lagging really. In fast paced scenes or when a show/movie switches cameras often or rapidly it just doesn't play as smooth as it does on my old device (dvico tvix)

Should i keep the 1080p resolution in windows and stop using the scale function for the desktop and instead change a setting on the tv? Or can i find this 1.1 mapping in the gfx settings?
could any other ati users give me their gfx setup, im really not sure if the options i've enabled/disabled are correct.

For instance im running 1080p at 60hz in windows. Manually dropped the bar in the scaleing options to get somehwat underscan in order to eliminate black bars in windows.

I've olso set gpu-scaling and itc-processing (whatever that is) to off. If i set one or two of these to On, and run no under/overscan im still getting the black bars in windows. The current setting is the only way i get a correct picture in windows.

If i set adjust display refresh rate to match video to on in xbmc i get heavy lag. The same thing if i set use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen to on. However the cpu load doesn't really change when having these options on.

Ive tried watching a few episodes of how i met your mother and the display is really smooth in those 720p realeases but when i try watching a 720p release of criminal minds it feels slow and a tad bit jerky in fast paced scenes and cameraswitches as described in the post above.
Setting the sync playback to display options seems to make it better, though im not sure it eliminates the micro-stutters completely. Which a/v sync method should i use?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on win7 (zotac zbox ad10) video lag0