[Release] nfb.ca (Video) Plugin
@jbinkley60

Hello Jeff

Just seeing if there was any update on the NFB addon not playing video.  If you have some time it would be great if you could look at it again.  Thanks
@jbinkley60

Unfortunately, nothing is coming up now in either the English or French sections.  The search still works if you know what you are looking for otherwise the addon is not working at all now.
(2024-03-07, 09:35)barney63 Wrote: @jbinkley60

Unfortunately, nothing is coming up now in either the English or French sections.  The search still works if you know what you are looking for otherwise the addon is not working at all now.

Thanks for making me aware of this issue.  it looks like the nfb.ca website made a change to their API.  Fortunately I was able to figure it out and have posted a test release here.  Please try it when you get time.  This addon needs a bit of work.  I'll put it on the To-Do list.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
@jbinkley60

Hey Jeff, thanks for the quick response, much appreciated

I was a little confused at first because when I clicked on the English menu, a bunch of films appeared (14) and they all gave the nfb.ca error (Unable to play selected video)

It was then I noticed the Channels Menu and Search Menu were at the bottom of this list.

On clicking the Channels Menu up came what looked like the usual list of NFB topic categories.  On going into a specific topic most films came back with the nfb.ca error (Unable to play selected video).  A few videos did play

When clicking the French menu, the same group of movies that first came up in the English menu also appeared except with French titles.  Perhaps they were bilingual movies that fit both the English and French categories.

So long story short, the films are now appearing but with the same (unable to play selected video) error

Thanks Jeff, good to see you back
(2024-03-07, 21:14)barney63 Wrote: @jbinkley60

Hey Jeff, thanks for the quick response, much appreciated

I was a little confused at first because when I clicked on the English menu, a bunch of films appeared (14) and they all gave the nfb.ca error (Unable to play selected video)

It was then I noticed the Channels Menu and Search Menu were at the bottom of this list.

On clicking the Channels Menu up came what looked like the usual list of NFB topic categories.  On going into a specific topic most films came back with the nfb.ca error (Unable to play selected video).  A few videos did play

When clicking the French menu, the same group of movies that first came up in the English menu also appeared except with French titles.  Perhaps they were bilingual movies that fit both the English and French categories.

So long story short, the films are now appearing but with the same (unable to play selected video) error

Thanks Jeff, good to see you back

I need to spend a bit of time updating this addon.  It looks like even though I ask for channels we get featured films and channels both, which is why the featured films are at the top now and channels below. 

Next week I'll start working on cleaning this up and a few other things, including better support for Kodi 20/21 and trying to fix the playback issue on some videos where the URL from the nfb.ca site is bad.

BTW, my vacation was great, including going through the Panama Canal. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
@jbinkley60

Well, you'll know who will test the addon and ask for the moon at the same time, so I'm ready when you post something Blush

Glad you had a nice vacation, the canal would be cool.  I'm the opposite.  My father worked for an airline so I flew for free for my first 20 years and then I wasn't on a plane for the next 20 years and then I ended up working for an airline.  I'm all traveled out.

Look forward to hearing from you.  Remember we were talking about the NFB films that were in the Website menu at the CatchUp TV and More addon and if they could add some clues.  Here's hoping the addon can get back to where it was.  Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] nfb.ca (Video) Plugin1