[Release] nfb.ca (Video) Plugin
nice! Will try this plugin later on.
Any chance of updating this plugin? I just discovered nfb.ca, and that place is a goldmine with countless things I want to see.
For anyone wanting to get this running on the current Kodi (15.2), here's what I had to change:

In addons.xml on line 7 change the version for xmbc.python to "2.1.0"
In default.py on line 3 change "import simplejson as json" to "import json as json"

Zip it back up and it works just fine!
Thanks steveblair
(2015-11-27, 02:48)steveblair Wrote: For anyone wanting to get this running on the current Kodi (15.2), here's what I had to change:

In default.py on line 3 change "import simplejson as json" to "import json as json"

I am still getting the "dependency not met" message after the edit in 15.2, any other suggestions ?
Kodi: 21.0 Omega  Skin: Confluence 5.0.3
Would someone please be kind enough to fix this add-on? It is sorely
missed. Thank you in advance.
Didn't even know this was a reality until this update/bump. I would love to add this one as well. NFB is a treasure trove.
I'll have to agree, many award winning videos here https://www.nfb.ca/explore-all-films/

eeps, just did the 'steveblair' fix and it works like a charm. Jarvis 16.1 on a windows 7/64 machine! The icon is a bit off in aspect, so you might want to make your own custom icon.

Quote:For anyone wanting to get this running on the current Kodi (15.2), here's what I had to change:

Thanks steveblair for the tip.
(2016-02-08, 10:17)EdT586 Wrote:
(2015-11-27, 02:48)steveblair Wrote: For anyone wanting to get this running on the current Kodi (15.2), here's what I had to change:

I am still getting the "dependency not met" message after the edit in 15.2, any other suggestions ?

You might have to manually delete after an uninstall, you need to do the edits prior to installation, or at least that's the way I've done it. Just wondering what "dependency" is missing since it works for me. Perhaps a debug log would unmask the issue?
Here's a logo some want to include with the fix, named as icon.png

Thank you all for your interest/efforts: what a terrific community! Blush
Would someone, then, be kind enough to submit these changes
formally for the entire community. After all, it would be nice if everyone
could benefit from these changes. Thanks again.
Even with the "steveblair" fixes, this isn't working for me anymore (Jarvis 16.1); could someone
please take a look at this addon and see if they can fix it. Thank you. Perhaps afterwards, you
can submit it to the community.
Still works fine for me, but then I'm in Canada and you might be running into a geo lock. Jarvis 16.1 on a windows machine.
Thanks for replying, PatK. I'm in Canada, too, but when I try and load the plugin via
USB, Kodi says it cannot load it. Any further suggestions?
You mean you have the .zip on a USB thumb drive and you're trying install via that zip inside of Kodi? I threw my copy up on Google drivce, see if this link works for you https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_WAhIo...sp=sharing maybe your edit didn't hold;- install inside Kodi as a zip add-on.

Tested on XBMC 13.2 Kodi 15.2. Jarvis 16.1 and Krypton beta

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] nfb.ca (Video) Plugin1