XBMC MAL Updater Plugin
Great! So now I know to stick with python 2.5 syntax.

Let me know when you do figure out the issues, though I think I can explain most of them (maybe...). The two shows being updated will happen after the first run, or if it failed after watching a show. The first run just goes through all of the shows and updates any that haven't been listed on MAL, while the fail case basically can't update anything, so it just sits and waits, but since it only runs after a show is ended, it'll only update MAL then. If it says 0 shows are updated, that usually means the show wasn't marked as completed in XBMC, which could be for various reasons. I'm not sure why it said it updated an episode when you re-watched some shows, unless there was another show it updated. If a show has been marked as watch at all, it won't update it on MAL. So that's weird.

Anyway, those are just conjectures, they may or may not be the actual reasons. I hope you enjoy XBMAL!
I have not been able to get the XBMAL updater to work still , maybe it is linux related ?

how ever I have been using
http://trakt.tv/
and then syncing with
http://txm.huere.net/
That's strange, xbmal is developed and tested primarily in linux, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. What sort of error are you getting? Is it having problems communicating with mal, or with generating your list?

However, having looked at your solution, it looks like it's much more robust than xbmal. I think it's better to not have the secondary tracking system like trakt, but it looks like it supports more than xbmal does (movies, specials, and the like).
Does this still works?
If yes, does it update episodes watch on MAL?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
its not working for me ><"
(2015-10-24, 21:00)FevLoad Wrote: its not working for me ><"

I have a work-around. I use the MAL Updater application.
THREAD
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Hey everyone, since this sort of became the main thread for xbmal, figured I'd give it a quick update. I posted a longer one elsewhere in the forums somewhere, but the tl;dr is:

Sorry I kind of let it die. Shortly after xbmc renamed, I lost interest in xbmc/kodi and switched to plex whole-hog. While I'm still using kodi on my htpc it's running plexbmc and is basically just a plex front-end, because the plex front-ends for linux aren't great. I'm going to start porting xbmal over to plex, but if anyone wants to take over development for xbmal on kodi I'll gladly help you take it. If no one wants to take over and people still want it or need it, I'll pull it out of the grave and put it on life support.

Once again, sorry for just sort of up and disappearing Sad
Hi, guys, I've tried to rewrite the plugin to work with the newest Kodi, the basic functionality is there (update episode count, update status to watching/completed/plan to watch). If you want to try it out, here's GitLab - https://gitlab.com/zvon/KodiMAL (please, backup your MAL before you try this out)
Awesome! Glad to see someone has taken this over. I thought gitlab closed their public instance though, so I'm a bit surprised about that.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. It isn't exactly the cleanest code I've ever written, after all. I hope you can get it working again.

I'm still working on a plex version, but I'm making it web based and making it use the plex web hooks instead of as a plugin, so we'll see how this ends up. It's not been very high on my personal priority list though, so it'll probably still be a while before it's a thing, though I'm using a prealpha version of it now. Kind of.

Anyway, thanks for taking over. I'll be following it, so feel free to ask if you need any help.

Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement Smile

Don't worry about the code, it's still cleaner than 90% of anything I've ever written.

Btw just pushed an update that enables re-watch updating and adding movies to MAL via context menu if anyone wants this functionality just download the latest zip (this needs a slightly different config.xml to work, so it'd probably be easiest to just delete the old one from .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.service/kodimal)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC MAL Updater Plugin0