AppleTV 1 with aTV Flash and an Android phone
I am at a loss.

I have an Apple TV 1 with Firecore's aTV Flash installed which gives me XBMC.

I have an Android phone with the official XBMC remote.

I have followed the wiki to the letter but the phone does not control XBMC

I hate to ask someone to just spell this out for me but I am getting no where.

Help? Confused
Geoff Kennedy Wrote:I am at a loss.

I have an Apple TV 1 with Firecore's aTV Flash installed which gives me XBMC.

I have an Android phone with the official XBMC remote.

I have followed the wiki to the letter but the phone does not control XBMC

I hate to ask someone to just spell this out for me but I am getting no where.

Help? Confused

You've posted in the wrong area and you may want to provide more info, give people an idea where to start helping you from
ie. have you turned on the web interface and other system control, does the phone connect to your xbmc instance etc etc etc etc etc
chuckles Wrote:You've posted in the wrong area and you may want to provide more info, give people an idea where to start helping you from
ie. have you turned on the web interface and other system control, does the phone connect to your xbmc instance etc etc etc etc etc

Thanks for letting me know that I posted in the wrong area, I will hunt around some more for the right thread.

As far as your suggestions, I have no idea what you are referring to when you ask about turning on the web interface and other system control. This is why I was saying that I hate to ask someone to draw it out for me, but that seems to be what I am in need of. Basically, the XBMC Remote Wiki literally has screen shots for every step of the way and I still can't seem to get this working.
Someone has already moved your thread into the correct area.

Go to

System/settings -> Network -> Services

make sure that "allow control of XBMC via UPnP" and "allow control of XBMC via HTTP" are both on. Also "Announce these services to other systems via Zerconf".
Ned Scott Wrote:Someone has already moved your thread into the correct area.

Go to

System/settings -> Network -> Services

make sure that "allow control of XBMC via UPnP" and "allow control of XBMC via HTTP" are both on. Also "Announce these services to other systems via Zerconf".
I have those settings chosen. I hope that I can convey this, I have followed the wiki to the letter but nothing connects and it doesn't make any sense.
Android phone connected to the same local wifi network as the ATV1?
Ned Scott Wrote:Android phone connected to the same local wifi network as the ATV1?

Yeah, the Apple TV 1 is actually not on the wifi but instead connected via cable to the router and the phone is on that same network via wifi
I figured out the problem!

I wasn't aware how much of a difference it made, however if you hardwire your internet connection into your Apple TV that you have XBMC installed on, the phone app for the remote simply cannot link up. However, go wireless and boom! SO slick, so simple and exactly what I wanted the phone app to do. Thank you so much for everyone's attempt to help, and I apologize for the ambiguity. Ultimately, as with so many things in computers, I figured the problem on on my own by accident.
I can tell you that it is only a "wrong" setup on the wifi router. You have 2 different subnets - one for wired and one for wifi. When you get your router to act as a wifi bridge, then all connected devices (doesn't matter if wired or wifi) will live in the same subnet.

But thats just FYI. So if its working that way for you and having ATV1 in the wifi is ok for you, then just leave it as it is now (never change a running system).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV 1 with aTV Flash and an Android phone0