EDEN + SQL SERVER
First image: My current user / appdata / xmbc / database folder, lacking my video and music database.

Second image: all users / app data / mysql server / data folder, showing what seems like all my old xbmc databases as well as ibdata1, the only large database file i can find that has been recently updated

My question: I have been having issues with music and duplication within my database. If i uninstall mysql server will EDEN's sql still work? (it has a server built in now?) .. So if i delete mysqlserver 5.5 from my system then rebuild (or import a saved database) it should be OK?

You can go back to using the "internal" DB by removing the advancedsettings.xml file info, but it will be an old copy of your video DB. It will still work, and allow you to rebuild or re-import, etc.

The old copies of the DB in MySQL are normal. Whenever XBMC's video (or music) DB gets a version bump, XBMC makes a copy of the old one and upgrades that (as a failsafe incase the upgrade goes bad). XBMC will only be using the newest version at any given time. Older versions are safe to delete.

Duplicates are most often caused by a client or two having a source added twice, or added a second time in a slightly different way (like two network paths that lead to the same place via IP or netbios name). It can even happen when two XBMC clients/computers have one source each, but those sources differ from what the library was made with.

Debug log (wiki)s and maybe a pastebin.com copy of your sources.xml (wiki) file will tell us more.
The sources.xml is something that's deceiving me right now, this is the sources.xml file in my app data / xbmc / userdata folder http://pastebin.com/SBsK21wG

It has nothing in it besides a new TV dir that i added the other day.. But all my sources constantly get updated and everything is working as it used to..none of my other computers that are connected to the database have much of anything in their sources.xml file either.. i've searched through my latest xbmc folder as well as all the backup folders of old versions that i had renamed after installing eden.

If i remove the advancedsettings.xml from the main computer can i still connect to the database from other computers?
im beginning to wonder if i should just start a new on this entire OS / xbmc install .. ha!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDEN + SQL SERVER0