Cant get XBMC to play movies on my entire TV screen
Hey

Ive recently made a new HTPC witch im very happy with, setup XBMC so it runs everything perfect in the way that i want ALMOST.
Ive gotten everything to work except that i just cant seem to get XBMC to show movies or videos at true fullscreen, there is always a black border feels like nomather the setting i use.
If i play the same movie in VLC or wE media player i get it to run in full screen but not in XBMC, i know about the option to set an external player to play my movies in XBMC but that kinda
ruins the XBMC expericen dostn it ?

Am i missing something here ? do i need to set some upscaling settings or whats wrong ?

Im on Windows 7 32bit with ATI gfx card if that has anything to do with it
And using RC2 of XBMC Eden.

EDIT: Windows 7 and the XBMC menues also run at perfect full screen, but all movies, SD 720P 1080p ect dosnt
How does XBMC look while navigating the menus ? Is there a black border then too ? If so, have you checked the Video Calibration under System -> System -> Video output ?

everything is perfect full screen except from when playing videos/movies.

The XBMC menu is also perfect full screen even before calibrating.

With perfect full screen i mean it covers the entire screen not a milimeter more or less, perfect
You can try XBMC settings below and you can try to set your HDTV to 16:9 too:

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-03-18, 21:58)hausmanis Wrote: Hey

Ive recently made a new HTPC witch im very happy with, setup XBMC so it runs everything perfect in the way that i want ALMOST.
Ive gotten everything to work except that i just cant seem to get XBMC to show movies or videos at true fullscreen, there is always a black border feels like nomather the setting i use.
If i play the same movie in VLC or wE media player i get it to run in full screen but not in XBMC, i know about the option to set an external player to play my movies in XBMC but that kinda
ruins the XBMC expericen dostn it ?

Am i missing something here ? do i need to set some upscaling settings or whats wrong ?

Im on Windows 7 32bit with ATI gfx card if that has anything to do with it
And using RC2 of XBMC Eden.

EDIT: Windows 7 and the XBMC menues also run at perfect full screen, but all movies, SD 720P 1080p ect dosnt
If using 'adjust refresh rate' you'll have to set overscan (in ATI CCC) for each refresh rate you use for playback

thx for the help guys, gonna try all the above later tonight and will give an update how it worked
1) Go to HDTV support in CCC
2) Flag "Add 1080p24 ... (HD)
3) Select 1080p24 standard ( 1920 x 1080 @ 24Hz ) and then "apply format" --> u will notice black bars even on desktop now (not present on 50hz format)
4) Go to Scale Option in CCC and put overscan to 0% (you will notice it was in the middle position with 24Hz format enabled)
5) Enjoy movies on real fullscreen, finally (finger crossed)

Same issue here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125607&page=3
Alright, the above thing worked like a charm, but i think some of the ppl having this problem including me also didnt realise its different for movies shot in different formats, so for example Gladiator is INTENTED to have a black border, for those kind of movies you can put error margine at 20% and you end up having just a tiny little black border.

Thanks alot for everyones help what an awesome forum
(2012-03-21, 14:24)fabio5479 Wrote: 1) Go to HDTV support in CCC
2) Flag "Add 1080p24 ... (HD)
3) Select 1080p24 standard ( 1920 x 1080 @ 24Hz ) and then "apply format" --> u will notice black bars even on desktop now (not present on 50hz format)
4) Go to Scale Option in CCC and put overscan to 0% (you will notice it was in the middle position with 24Hz format enabled)
5) Enjoy movies on real fullscreen, finally (finger crossed)

Same issue here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125607&page=3
Hooray! Your solution solved my problem with the black borders.
I run XBMC on a Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 and i only got black borders when playing video, not on the Windows homescreen or in the XBMC-menus.

Huge thanx! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant get XBMC to play movies on my entire TV screen0