C++ problem
Thumbs Down 
XBMC Eden: RC2 is clearly the best Media Center you can wish for. It has been running without any problems. Until now Sad

I've got a problem arise when I go into the Music Video folder (I think, is not quite sure, 've tested it twice?!), XBMC goes down with the following message:

Microsoft Visual C + + runtime libray

Assertion faild!
Program x: \ Program Files \ XBMC \ XBMC exe.
File: libavformat / utils.c
Line: 2195

Expression: s-> chapters [i] -> start c-> chapters {i +1} -> Start

For information on how your program .... Visual C + + ......

(Press application - JLT must be Enables)

I was hoping that the problem was resolved after a complete clean install of win7 and then with freshly driver and XBMC.

Spec: Win7 32bit with 4 GB DDR2, XBMC Eden: RC2, C-Media Audio DirectX 11.0, GeForce GT 220 with 1 Ghz RAM.
thanks Smile
It'll be due to a nasty file in there screwing up under ffmpeg, most likely when generating a thumbnail.

If you can track down the nasty file (check your debug log - it will have info about what files it's extracting thumbs from), copy it out of that folder to another location and remove it from the folder. Make sure you keep it in case we need it for reproducing the fault.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I remember something similar with files split in CD1 CD2 that were merged into one. Both had chapters 1, 2, 3 and when merged naively, the chapters are not renumbered. Chapters of CD2 should continue the sequence after the last chapter of CD1.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
IIRC I've disabled asserts in ffmpeg after rc2. Not a real fix but shouldn't crash us anymore.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks for your help. I will report back. Nod
(2012-03-19, 01:37)jmarshall Wrote: It'll be due to a nasty file in there screwing up under ffmpeg, most likely when generating a thumbnail.

If you can track down the nasty file (check your debug log - it will have info about what files it's extracting thumbs from), copy it out of that folder to another location and remove it from the folder. Make sure you keep it in case we need it for reproducing the fault.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ok, the problem is partially solved.Smile

1- I think my problem started after using XBMC Music Videos program. Someone who has experienced the same ? and is there a good guide to how to use this program best ?.

2 - It turned out there were two similar files in one of my music video. So it was deleted, without the problem was solved. Sad

3 - I could not find the "debug log" (where do I find it?), So I removed the entire music video folder from the database. Made a new music video folder without adding it to the data base. It helped.Big Grin

So, now XBMC is running (I hope) as it should.Rofl

Is there anyone here who has a good way, on how to treat music video information, so that they reproduce in the right way?

again, thanks for the help.

I just downloaded and installed Eden and I'm having this problem. When the Abort, Retry or Ignore prompt appears, and I click Ignore, I can restore the XBMC window and keep using it as normal. If you could bypass this error, that would be great. Of course, fixing it altogether would be ideal. Big Grin
Hi

I'm having the same problem as OP but it is happening when I'm going into Movies.

I did a clean install of XBMC last night and that did not fix and today I have done a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate x64.

I recently recoded some MKV to MP4 and I've since had this error.

Any ideas?

xbmc.log is here

error message:

Not a Debug Log.

Apologies... this should be correct. Debug log
Most likely this one:

E:\Movies on Media1\Crossing Over (2009)\Crossing Over (2009).mp4

Try moving that out of the way. If it works, the devs will likely want a copy of the file.

Still end up with same error after moving file out of path and cleaning library.

New debug log

Thanks
E:\Movies on Media1\The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)\The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011).mp4

That one might have been the problem one to begin with perhaps.

Note: All I did was read backwards in the log until I hit

CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - av_find_stream_info starting

Then kept reading back to find the name of the file.

I've continued to do this and it errors every time. So far, I have moved 6 of the 20 movies out of the path and each time I open xbmc again another one is causing the error.

The error line is always the same (apart from the filename obviously)...

DEBUG: CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file E:\Movies on Media1\Killer Elite (2011)\Killer Elite (2011).mp4

Is it because the way the file is encoded? All files play fine in VLC, QT and iTunes.
It could be, yes.

You could try disabling file extraction (Settings->Video) - at least that will stop the issue annoying you. I'm not sure if you'll get the same thing during playback though.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
C++ problem0