newbie assistance required
hi guys (and gals)

been reading the forums a bit and was wondering what boxes people would go for. Is there anyway you can set a poll up based on gbox atv2 pivos etc.

I am actually lookin at getting the pivos xios ds (pity it doesn't come in black). Does anyone know any good retailers in the uk for this.
I was considering ordering from the states but wondered what if the box don't work.

Does the pivos xios ds come with android and xbmc preloaded? or do we have to load xbmc onto it. Is it really as choppy or issue prone as some people say on the forum ? or would the Linux build be better ? and would I need a micro sd card for the userdata on the pivos ? don't know how much storage it comes with.

The next part of my research is getting sabnzbd and couchpotatoe to run on the pivos... would this be better under android or Linux ? I don't know much
about Linux apart from its a unix flavour. any info ?

also I was just looking at attaching an external usb drive to the pivos so I can access my media on other dlna devices through upnp. Any recommendations ?

as you can see im trying to look at the full setup. sorry if this got a bit long in the tooth, im just trying to find out the best way of doing it.

thanks in advance. Big Grin
XIOS UK retailer is here and Europe here, you can order from both.

Android is default OS, download XBMC for Android from here. The Android builds have closed the gap significantly compared to the linux firmware, though the linux one still has the edge however the Android one is a lot easier to update.

You will need a micro SD card if using the coverart media library, data is stored automatically on the SD card when using Android, for the linux firmware you must create a xbmc-data folder on the root of the card.

I don't know about sabnzbd and couchpotatoe and whether the XIOS has the power to handle those, if they exist as apps on the Android store then that would be the way, the linux firmware is very bare bones meant for XBMC only (this would be the place to ask).
thanks starstream appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newbie assistance required0