FlexRAID 2.0 final released
Quick question, I am running flexraid (loving it) pooling. and just started using xbmc on win7,

When I added my source for video files on xbmc (V11.0 aeon nox skin), xbmc doesn't present me my pooled drives as a local source (c: drive only). I have to use my network shares to add it to xbmc.

This works fine, is this correct? Am I missing something? This is so far to only play locally on the pc.

cheers,
(2012-04-20, 01:39)magic_merkin Wrote: Quick question, I am running flexraid (loving it) pooling. and just started using xbmc on win7,

When I added my source for video files on xbmc (V11.0 aeon nox skin), xbmc doesn't present me my pooled drives as a local source (c: drive only). I have to use my network shares to add it to xbmc.

This works fine, is this correct? Am I missing something? This is so far to only play locally on the pc.

cheers,

You should see your pooled drives as a separate drive. For example I think it should map to v: by default.

I know when I first initialized my raid I had to wait for it to finish the parity stuff before the v: drive showed up.
I would suggest always adding sources to XBMC using UNC paths anyway. Easier to create a central database in the future if need be.

You may be able to toggle the storage pool removable disk setting, although I'm not sure if that's what's preventing it from showing up.
Hmmm, I changed my pool letter to D:\ in settings prior to creating the pool/raid so it was created with D:\. This was days before installing XBMC, so parity was all sorted by then,

I have no issues with the pool (D:\) outside of xbmc. Strange.

As long at it works, and I have no speed issues all good. Just wasn't sure if I was breaking some rule Smile

Does your Drive show up as removable storage or under the hard drive section in Computer?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
@magic_merkin

I had the same problem. If you want it to show up as a "normal" drive in XBMC you need to make it act as a fixed drive in the storage pool's settings:

1) Go to your storage pool's "Preferences and Settings"
2) Expand the "Advanced Properties" section
3) Change "Removable" from true to false
Just put FlexRaid 2.0 on a windows 8 box and its running like a dream. Nice and easy to install as well Smile
Reviving an old thread... I never understood, why flexraid has seen so little attention and also never understood why everyone loves unraid.

Have a few questions:

1) Pooling
* Do I understand correctly that this pooling solution avoids spanning one file across several disks? Also, I still have drive letters to the pooled drive (i.e., d 2GB, e 2 GB, f 2GB, g pooled drive of 6 GB (d+e+f). I can then access drive g from xbmc with all movies?
* When watching one movie from pooled drive, only the drive that actually holds the movie is spinning? other drives are sleeping?
* Can I have two pools?

2) Raid-F
* What happens if the system disk fails (which has flexraid installed on it?). Assume disk just lost?
* If using snapshot raid (every 7 days) while using sabnzbd+ 24/7? Can it still recover everything or basically useless given sabnzbd writes to the disk 24/7, so the snapshot immediately becomes outdated.

Thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FlexRAID 2.0 final released1