Smartlist 'types' explained (episodes vs tvshows)?
Hi Guys,

I wonder if someone can direct me in the right direction. I am slightly confused about the different types of smartlist media types. The wiki page does not explain it very well (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Pla...t_playlist ).

Quote:Types
Smart playlists can be of one of the following types:

music
songs (default)
albums
video
movies
tvshows
episodes
musicvideos
mixed

If someone can give me a slight overview of each one I would greatly appreciate it, the most important being the difference between episodes and tvshows!

Appreciate any reply!
tvshows retrieve ... tvshows.

episodes retrieve ... episodes.

The former therefore should be used when you want to filter out certain shows. The latter when you want to take episodes generally.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply jmarshall! Ok I think I understand, if I query with a limit 1 tv show, it might show 12 episodes of that certain show, if I query with a limit 1 episode, it will only list one episode.
Correct - once you click on the 1 tv show that it returns, any filters you'd applied are forgotten - you'll get all episodes from that show.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome! Thanks for clearing my doubtfull thoughts up friend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smartlist 'types' explained (episodes vs tvshows)?0