xbmc intro
Video 
I was wondering if neon could integrate the new xbmc intro addon in the passion repo. It basically removes the static xbmc splash page and inserts a video files at startup.

The thread discussion is located here

The addon post is located here

Cool

Preview of some intros, see below

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I have added this using the DIY method, with the lower of the two videos you posted.

It looks bloody good but needs some work as there is a brief delay before it begins during which time the home menu is visible, and also the 'tv guide updated' box pops up during playback.

If it was tightly integrated with the skin it would be brilliant!
yeah I am hoping that stoli can integrate it. *crosses fingers*
Working on it now. Running into a few issues, but it should be there by the end of the day.

Update: Done and pushed to Git. If you get a black screen, just press escape or back and then check you settings under Skin > General > Startup Window. Only one should be selected, playlist or video, but not both. If you still encounter issues, a skin reset will be in order.
-stoli-
So you integrated the addon with the skin? Do we still have to download the addon?
(2012-03-20, 21:21)rflores2323 Wrote: So you integrated the addon with the skin? Do we still have to download the addon?

You do still have to download the addon.
-stoli-
where can i get the download link?
The first post in this thread. Huh
-stoli-
stoli my mate i did install the addon n disabled default load screen....enabled intro movie via addon settings but my question was where do i get your files and where should i put them? im using official neon skin not svn please enlighten us

thanks
Then it won't work. You have to be using the SVN version. I will not be pushing to the official repo until some time in April.
-stoli-
the 2nd video is not using our official logo, typeface is not correct
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-21, 23:47)pike Wrote: the 2nd video is not using our official logo, typeface is not correct

That's one of the videos included in the add-on.
-stoli-
Stoli. thank you very much for adding this into the skin. My setup has two profiles on it. (kids and main) the xbmc intro starts up after I select the profile. I thought this was suppose to start up before I enter the profile section? I still get the xbmc splash, then profile select, then intro, and then neon skin. So basically every time I log in to the profile I get the startup intro which is ok but wanted to check that this was how it was intended to function.

Appreciate it and GREAT WORK.

(2012-03-21, 23:47)pike Wrote: the 2nd video is not using our official logo, typeface is not correct

That video uses a font called danube which can be gotten on several free font sites. (I did not make this video, I just have the same font on my system). Its very similar to the XBMC font. Only the X is different. I have looked everywhere for an XBMC logo font and can't find one. The danube font does work very well for an xmbc logo if you use two C's and flip one backwords. Anyway, it would be much easier for me to make XBMC intro vids if I had the correct font. If anyone knows what it is then please, by all means send me a pm.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
is there way to stop the startup jingle becuase at present I get default start up jingle then movie with its own jingle then a repeated startup jingle

also the option disable startup default splash does nothing for me any ideas on how to disable the default startup splash?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc intro0