Apple TV style photo screensaver
If you are running a current frodo build, a better screensaver is available in repo (or http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13172 )
(2012-11-27, 21:28)Robotica Wrote: If you are running a current frodo build, a better screensaver is available in repo (or http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13172 )

From my observation the XBMC Slideshow screensaver (Add On) in the current Frodo Beta 1 build is very limited. It only has three options to display photos and no option for the "floating photos" that ATV has, like in the first post. Also there is no option to select and play music within the screensaver.

Not sure how that's better? It's an improvement over the Eden screensaver but not equal to or better than the original ATV1 style photo screensaver, which is what I believe people in this thread are looking for.
That true there has been an Update in Frodo, but as nunz56 said, its still far from the video in post 1. I have hundreds/ thousands of pics on my HTPC and i would love to have the ability to view multible at the same time as shown in the video. I know of course Pictures are not the main focus of XBMC, but i hope in the future there will be new / better ways to view them etc. The postet screensave would be cool to have Wink
Is there any progress on this screensaver?
XBMC Frodo RC2 | 3.2GHz AMD Phenom II | ASUS M4A88TD-V | 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws | Crucial M4 64GB SSD | Windows 7 Premium
(2013-05-31, 18:49)adamomg Wrote: Is there any progress on this screensaver?

Agree this would be awesome to have...
+1

I've been hoping for this for a very long time. I wish I had the coding skills to make it happen, but.... I don't.

Thanks, as always, to the developers. Hopefully, this will make the priority list sooner or later.
It would appear none of the developers are looking at this thread since there has been no activity or interest from any of them. I'm not sure why. I have not found any other device that can display photos like the ATV screensaver while playing music. That is still the ONLY reason why I still keep my stock ATV instead of using XBMC exclusively for all of my media. I'm also not sure why others are not as interested in this style of photo screensaver, what are they using? I still think the "floating photos" is the best way to display all of your photos with a minimum amount of user intervention. And I would still be MORE THAN HAPPY to make a donation to anyone who could develop this style of screensaver for XBMC. Maybe if the community would make some more noise a developer would be interested? Please HELP !!!
(2013-07-26, 03:06)nunz56 Wrote: It would appear none of the developers are looking at this thread since there has been no activity or interest from any of them. I'm not sure why. I have not found any other device that can display photos like the ATV screensaver while playing music. That is still the ONLY reason why I still keep my stock ATV instead of using XBMC exclusively for all of my media. I'm also not sure why others are not as interested in this style of photo screensaver, what are they using? I still think the "floating photos" is the best way to display all of your photos with a minimum amount of user intervention. And I would still be MORE THAN HAPPY to make a donation to anyone who could develop this style of screensaver for XBMC. Maybe if the community would make some more noise a developer would be interested? Please HELP !!!

It's not that no developer is looking at this thread - it's just that most developers have other things to do. I already started with a proof of concept for this screensaver add-on (like already mentioned in this thread) - but its the lack of time...
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Big Grin 
Thanks for the reply! At least we know for sure you ARE looking at this thread. It just seems like there was not much activity on this thread for some time. I understand the developers are busy and appreciate all of the work you guys do for the community.

My hope is that if more users are interested in this screensaver (and post their interest) it will become a higher priority on a developers list and become a reality. As mentioned before I (and others) think this would be a great addition to XBMC and would be willing to donate to make it worth your (any developers) time.

You mentioned in an earlier thread that it would take a new version of XBMC. Since then Frodo has been released and Gotham is in the works. Just wondering if we might expect anything for Gotham?

Thanks again for all your time and effort, I really do appreciate it!
Like I promised, I finally got a working (but still WIP and not yet public) version ready.
Have a look to this Thread: [WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver.

And please, if you want to comment on it, please do it in the above linked thread Smile

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Please please please Smile lol.

It is by far and away the feature that gets most asked about by friends and family and most importantly, wife and kids!!

I have to say this feature on its own is something that has made me start looking at how to code 'python' to help in anyway I can but i'm a long way off being able to produce anything at all to help (its the thought that counts right??).

Anyway's +1 from me, +lots from the wife, +2 from the kids!

........and if nothing else it would stop me even looking at an ATV3....

kudos indeed to all the hard working devs, shout if i can help in anyway!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV style photo screensaver0