SMB connection trouble
Question 
I've just installed the XBMCbuntu Eden beta and added a share from my PC via upnp. I can browse to my shows and play them fine, but they do not populate in the TV Shows section of the library. I've checked and double checked the wiki, naming conventions, folder structure, set the content type and scraper, hidden previously watched option, etc. When I "Scan for new content", nothing appears to happen. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills and I'm sure it's something easily fixed, I just don't know where else to look.

Working on getting a log now, but although I've enabled debugging, no xbmc.log is found in the file manager yet.
UPnP won't work with the library. You have to use one of the other protocols, like SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, etc
-.-

I gave up on SMB after getting stuck at the Lock Settings screen, where it asks for a user/pass. I don't have a password set up for my Windows machine, and I've entered every combination of windows and router and xbmc passwords I can think of. I made sure I did not have Windows Live Essentials of Games for Windows installed. When attempting, I get the "Working" box in the corner, and then sent back to the lock/login menu.
I don't see where you define what "my PC" refers to. Assuming that it's a Win 7 machine perhaps the link below will help.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63123

Once your shares are created you should be able to select SMB in XBMC. I'd be more help but my shares are all on my Linux box and my Win machines connect to the Samba shares.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Turns out I gave Everyone permission for the root folder, but it didn't apply to some of the subfolders. Fixed.
SMB still being kinda flaky. Sometimes I can't browse through the homegroup, but adding by IP seems to be working ok, at least for the moment. This is normal?
you might also try power cycling your router as well as making sure your pc is set for a home network with start--run type workgroup select change workgroup name then select the network id button from there select home computer...you will be prompted for a system restart.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB connection trouble0