Win Choppy playback with "Use fullscreen win.." on AMD A4-4000
Hi,

I use XBMC on my TV while using my monitor to use other apps simultaneously. When I use "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" video is choppy and auto refresh rate has no effect on this. When I turn it off the video is smooth however I lose the use of the second monitor, my primary desktop. The only thing running other than XBMC is Firefox and sometimes spotify however applications open or closed seem to have no effect on the choppy playback.

AMD A4-4000 on FM2A88X Extreme6+
8 GB ram
Windows 8.1
XBMC 12.3

I bought the A4-4000 as I knew FM2+ would be out in 2014 so I plan to upgrade to a A10. Still, I thought that the A4-4000 would be capable of smooth fullsceen window playback with the Radeon HD 7480D. Is there anything I can do to smooth out the video or should I just wait until I upgrade to the A10 FM2+?

Debug log

Any help would be great
bump
Anybody?

edit: apologies for bumping, just read the rules.
Windowed playback isn't smooth for me either (AMD 5450). I don't know what level card you need for smooth windowed playback.
(2014-01-18, 23:23)StinDaWg Wrote: Windowed playback isn't smooth for me either (AMD 5450). I don't know what level card you need for smooth windowed playback.

There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer based on the wiki or forums from what I can see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy playback with "Use fullscreen win.." on AMD A4-40000