Windows - How to properly configure audio for correct HDMI playback ?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
@jogee - you did very well. I've banned him for a week. Thanks for trying to help him, but yeah, that kind of rudeness has no place here.

System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon AVR-3808CI - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray - X-Box 360 - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
find quote
Jogee Offline
Thanks, DDDamian. Sorry for losing it at the end.
find quote
jpsdr Offline
Fan
BTW, thanks for your help and insistence for pushing me to try Windows 7...
Still not having solved my regressions with MPC-HC (but some may be on the way), but only improvement with XBMC, that's matter most. Cool
find quote
bart666 Offline
Hi all,

I had the issue where windows 7 would not show all the possible HD audio settings, I tried reloading latest drivers reloading xbmc and lots of other stuff.

I finally discovered my AV amp (Sony str-dn1000) had an HDMI setting enabled "TV + AMP", after I changed it to "AMP" windows then displayed all HD Settings.

I believe that as it was passing signals to my TV (stereo) + AMP my computer was only allowing a stereo output.

once I set to AMP only, I now had access to all the HD Audio available as described earlier in this thread thru my XBMC.

Hopefully you can follow what i am trying to say, and it may help someone in the future.

it took me a few weeks to final solve my issue, reading thru all the various help on this forum, I managed to narrow down my problem, and it was where I least expected to find it (my AMP).

Kind Regards

Bart...
(This post was last modified: 2012-04-02 21:58 by bart666.)
find quote
Jogee Offline
bart666,

Now that you mention it, I know the option you're talking about as I remember seeing the setting in my receiver. It's a good tip to remember when people are reporing they can't see all the channels.

Thx.
find quote
Colwin Offline
Hello

Wow been Googling, downloading, un-installing, re-installing, disabling, enabling... etc for two solid days now trying to get XBMC to play more than two channels on my brand new Sony STR-DH820 Amp.
And you just solved my problem with a simple setting on the Amp!

Cheers
Big Grin
find quote
Flasharino Offline
I had this issue, so I downloaded and installed Eden HD RC2 HD Audio over my existing Frodo XBMC. After doing this all my movies and TV shows that I had set up are gone. Can I get them back or do I need to rescan everything again? Is there a huge amount of data sitting somewhere taking up space and not being used if I do this?

Also, can I share the same 'media data' between Windows users so as not to duplicate data and take up space on my SSD drive?
find quote
Flasharino Offline
UPDATE: I can see .db files in the directory C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database directory for Videos and TV but there are no Movies nor TV Shows choices from my XBMC main menu now.
find quote