Extremely inconsistent SMB access [Solution inside]
Well add it to the wiki then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-07, 00:06)weathermaps Wrote: This should definitely be a sticky, and also added to wiki.
I was about to stop buying macs, because of this SMB connectivity issue with XMBC.
This has been months of frustration!!

That would be fine, but do note that this is not a Mac or iOS specific issue, and the issue itself is in Windows (and only for some users).
I created an account just to comment on this thread, this samba share issue has plagued me throughout the years and this finally fixed it for me, now I'm not having any issue mapping a drive and using it for my Kodi installs. I've used now for my new FireTV 2 and my android note 4. Thanks for this information!
I'm having issues trying to us SMB on my Fire TV 2 connecting to my server. I'm getting Username/PW fails. My server is running WHS 2011 rather than Windows 7. Do you think this is the same thing? Should I try the registry change? Thanks.

--Edit--
Might have posted too soon. Did a restart of my server and it seems to be working now. Hopefully that was all that needed to be done.
18 months later, and I'm another one for whom it worked.

That's put an end to 2 months of investigations!

Well done mvmiller!
I am new to Kodi but I am having the same issue using Kodi 17 and Windows 10. I have set up network SMB links to my Windows 10 desktop over and over again and nothing seems to work. I can't browse my photos in the Pictures folder on my PC. Once when the PC was rebooting I clicked on my Kodi network link and I saw it browse the folders in my Pictures folder but when I exited and went back in (after the PC had booted further) there was nothing shown again. Has anyone found a fix to this under Kodi 17 and Windows 10? I tried to use the solution in this thread but the registry keys don't seem to exist in Windows 10.
I have Windows 10 and both those registry entries are still there.  Not saying they still work for this problem, but you might want to check your registry again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extremely inconsistent SMB access [Solution inside]2