Configuring dual screens in XBMCbuntu
Question 
Hello all, I'm having trouble setting up my displays and need some help.

I have built a HTPC/Media Centre PC and have it plumbed into a 42" HD LED Telly via HDMI and a 21.5" LED Monitor via DVI, both directly from the motherboard.
I want to configure the XBMC media program to auto-launch through the HDMI port to the telly on start up. The monitor is to be used for desktop/general computing duty.
At the moment I am just getting duplicate displays on both screens. The display on the telly is over size and just the very edge of the task bar is visible. The display to the monitor through DVI is fine.

Motherboard: Zotac H67-ITX
CPU: lntel i3-2120

Please please please help, this is rather pivotal to the whole scheme!

Many thanks for any help.
Hoping this gets some attention as I'm having a similar issue. I just installed XBMXbuntu on an aging laptop connected to HDMI. Initially it looked like the screens were mirrored, which would be ok but not ideal, but then the HDMI signal just dropped and I couldn't get it back. When I drop to the desktop I can see that the TV is detected, but no way that I can see to force XBMC over onto the "second" screen.
I'm afraid that solutions haven't been very forthcoming. The Linux UK forum provided a lot of help but didn't quite get there with xbmc.

I have ended up having to return to windows to allow me to install the intel graphics driver for my motherboard and set up the two screens on there. Then, with the help of another program from the net I'm able to get windows media centre to auto-boot on the telly screen and still have use of the mouse on the monitor.

If you want more details please let me know.
I've made an official TRAC request for a command line feature, and watch dog, for monitor placement of XBMC.

Please see this ticket and post in it, your need for the same feature in Linux... the more support we get the more likely a dev is to help
Then, open a ticket specific to Linux and post a reference to my ticket ... and I will update my ticket with your Linux ticket # also.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12823

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Multi screen support is broken in xbmc
I am going to look into this on Linux but I need to finish some other work before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuring dual screens in XBMCbuntu0