Can't get rid of DVS (Descriptive Video Service)
Hi All,

I've been using (and loving) XBMC for a couple of months now but I've ran into a problem that I can't figure out. My current setup is a new computer (i3-2300T, ASRock H67 mobo, Win 7 Ult). For now I've just got the HTPC connected to my Samsung 52" LCD via HDMI. I'm trying to play a movie and no matter what I do I can't turn off the DVS - descriptive video. When I pull up the console and check the audio setting the only english option is the following:

Eng AC3 - 5.1

In both Windows and XBMC I have everything set to Speakers 2.0. I've gone through all the audio options for the television and it doesn't appear to be causing the issue (won't let me turn on descriptive video). I've probably got a dozen or so other movies plus a few tv series - none of which have done this.

Am I screwed or is something else I can try?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Is it possible that the only english audio stream in the file is the descriptive video stream? Try playing the video in VLC or some other player to check out if there is another english audio stream without descriptive video.
I tried playing the file in DivX Plus ... same outcome. THere are only four audio options (eng, fre, ita, spa).

Is there a software program that would let me extract the descriptive video?
The descriptive video is part of the audio stream (likely part of the center channel audio), I very much doubt there is a simple way to remove it.
I had the same issue and resorted to using MKVMERGE it lets me strip (re-mux ) all the subtitles usually within 3-4 mins it creates a new file and voila problem solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get rid of DVS (Descriptive Video Service)0