Hide HD/SD Duplicates Feature - Skin or Code?
I would love to see a feature for movies/TV shows (much like I have on satellite) where if there is an HD and a SD version of the same content, I have the option to either "Hide SD Duplicates" or "Hide HD Duplicates" depending on the playback capabilities of the box I am currently using. (I use MySQL and playlists and I just don't get along).

I simply would like to know if this is possible through the skin or if it is something that would need to be implemented in the XBMC core.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
this would be a nice feature. might even entice me to occasionally actually use the library, instead of prefering the files view where i have HD content seperate, but still scanned for meta data.

as a work around, maybe you should try doing that? add a source for hd content, and scan as usual??

Dam0
I don't usually do this but I really want to know the answer to this question so...BUMP!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
probably. A skin more or less controls all you see, so you can make a skin "do" a lot of tricks like this. It seems to me that it would be easier to just add something to the file names or arrange them in folders so that XBMC can ignore one or the other depending on a selected profile (wiki) or different XBMC device. You could probably even use something like path subs (wiki) if they were the same file type, and have certain XBMC devices/profiles load one or the other, but keep a unified watched status.
Alternately with smart playlists, you could pick out HD from SD or vice versa and link it to the homepage/submenu via favourites.
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide HD/SD Duplicates Feature - Skin or Code?0