Karaoke questions
I searched the forums and wiki and can't find the solution.

Is it possible to separate the Karaoke mp3+gs from my regular mp3s. When I add the folder containing my karaoke files it adds them to my regular music database.

I tried using smart playlists for this but...

I gave all my karaoke files the genre "Karaoke" setup a smart playlist and that successfully finds all my karaoke files and leaves out my standard mp3's. I can play the files fine but using the karaoke numbers to cue the next song prompts an error about not finding the song. When I do the same thing NOT through the smart playlist the cueing by number works fine but I have to browse through all my music.

Is there a way to do this? The karaoke function seems SO close to working brilliantly I think I must be doing something wrong.

To keep this up to date. I have read previous posts on the forums and it seems there is no way to seperate the music database from a karaoke database. Those were all older posts and I was hoping this would have changed.

I will play around more with playlists and tag settings to find something that works a bit better.

On a different note, anyone who is using Karaoke on XBMC, how are you mixing your microphones with the songs? Are you using mic > premap > analog audio in > analog and/or digital out or are you mixing the audio after the HTPC at the Amplifier side?

Here’s what I do to separate my Karaoke mp3’s.

I put all my Karaoke mp3’s in one folder.
I use a free program called Mp3tag point it at the Karaoke directory.

For the name of the artist I enter “Karaoke”, for the Title I enter “Band – SongTitle”( example: Blink 182 - Rock Show) and I leave everything else blank.
(If you want to separate them by genre you can put the genre as the album for each song.)

Now when you update your library you will have one artist called Karaoke and all your Karaoke mp3’s will now only be there.

Then if you save it as a favorite you can add it to your main menu or sub menu.
Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke questions0