dts-hd ma on latest mac mini?
hi guys

I have a newish mac mini, the i5 2.3ghz one - running 10.7.3

Running xbmc 11 rc2. Generally working great.

Question - can the mac mini/xbmc in this setup bitstream dts-hd ma to my receiver?

I have a few .mkv's that definitely have a dts-hd soundtrack, xbmc shows it has a dts-hd ma track when you press "i" during the movie, but when you press "o" to bring up the detailed info about the file while playing, it always shows the dts to be only 1536k - and my receiver (a denon 4311) never shows dts-hd, just normal dts.

i.e. I'm getting the core dts track fine, but not the full blown hd soundtrack.

Not implemented atm. We are unsure if its even possible with Apples CoreAudio API.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hi memphiz - thanks for that. Saves me troubleshooting Smile does the windows version of xbmc support it if i bootcamped do you know?

cheers

there is a special windows build flowing around in the developmet forum which does exactly that...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-03-20, 11:58)sejanus Wrote: hi memphiz - thanks for that. Saves me troubleshooting Smile does the windows version of xbmc support it if i bootcamped do you know?

cheers
If it is Windows 7, you can give this a shot- XBMC-RC2 HDAudio. Thanks to DDDamian for this file.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dts-hd ma on latest mac mini?0